will it protect my ipad in my really densly packed bag with books?
and my case right now, the screen cover slides around in my bag and doesn't stay on the screen so i get wasted battery power
- Asked by Dylan C
- Jun 18, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (will it protect my ipad in my really densly packed bag with books?)
5 Answers from the Community
The Smart Case probably wouldn't be your best option. It's fairly soft and pliable, and doesn't reinforce the iPad in any way. You might want to look into heavier-duty cases. I had a BoxWave case, and it was really sturdy and padded yet didn't add much thickness. I got a Smart Case instead because I needed to remove the iPad frequently, and once I got the iPad inside the BoxWave case, it was really difficult to remove.
- Answered by Jay D from Westfield
- Jul 1, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
- Answered by Vishal B from Cleveland
- Sep 12, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
If the smart cover doesn't work for you, then this won't either - it's the same thing, just with a back piece as well. Perhaps you'd be better with one of the cases that has a clip or strap to hold the cover closed?
- Answered by Andy F
- Jun 20, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
Yes it should, as long as the books arn't directly on top of it.
- Answered by Cayden P from Mount Juliet
- Aug 13, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 4
My Smart Case came in a pretty durable box with a see-through plastic attached cover. The box is the same size as the Smart Case and the iPad in the Smart Case fits in this box. I don't think the top flap of the case will fair too well alone, but try using the Smart Case in the box and it should give you the extra protection you're looking for. I plan on using this method next month when I travel to Florida and my iPad, case and box will be in my laptop case filled with files. Good luck.
- Answered by Matthew Q from Greenville
- Jun 29, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 5