MacBook Air or MacBook Pro, which is best for music/picture people?
Hi, All -
I have all but made up my mind that I will be getting a new MacBook after the first of the year, but I'm really struggling in deciding which I should buy. I am currently a PC user, and have about 8GB of music (I use iTunes a lot so I like easy access to my music) and do (some) photography as well. Is it best for me to go with a MBA or a MBP? I'm not necessarily discouraged with the need to use external storage devices if I get the MBA, so long as I can have access to all of my music (and possibly MS Office for Mac) on my device.
Anyone else having or have had this personal debate? Which did you go with? What are your thoughts?
Thanks in advance!
- Asked by Gary G from Council Bluffs
- Nov 4, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (MacBook Air or MacBook Pro, which is best for music/picture people?)
1 Answer from the Community
Greetings! I will also be purchasing a new MacBook in a few days. For you it seems the macbook air would be a better option since it has a higher resolution display than the normal 13 inch macbook pro, unless you are considering buying the retina macbook pro which is way better for viewing photos. The macbook air and retina MBP have an SSD which is a lot faster than the hard drive in the normal MBP.
- Answered by Victor J from Ft. Lauderdale
- Nov 21, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
I'm going to college in the fall and I was wondering which Mac would be best for me. I'm going to major in computer science.
- Asked by Mary-katherine S from Wetumpka
- Jun 18, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (I'm going to college in the fall and I was wondering which Mac would be best for me. I'm going to major in computer science.)