Can I have 2 Apple TVs associated with the same iTunes account?
- Asked by Juan A P from Port St Lucie
- Nov 1, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I have 2 Apple TVs associated with the same iTunes account?)
3 Answers from the Community
Yes, it is not a problem at all. Once connected to your wireless network, each Apple TV can be linked to the iTunes account from the Apple TV on-screen interface. We also have iTunes running on separate computers simultaneously (using the same iTunes account) and each Apple TV will recognize and interact with each of the computers (provided of course that file sharing is turned on in iTunes on each of the computers). This way you can access different people's play lists, music libraries, shared photos, and shared movies from any of the Apple TVs.
I hope this is helpful.
- Answered by Robert M from Dallas
- Nov 15, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Yes you can.... my setup is an airport extreme router, with an apple tv 2nd gen in bedroom, and an apple tv 3rd gen in living room. They are both associated with the same account for iTunes, and have home sharing turned on with the same account also, and are both controlled with remote app on devices (iphone5, ipad mini, ipad1) that are on the same account too.
- Answered by Alan O from Nantucket
- Nov 15, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Yes. I have 2 apple TVs on my account.
- Answered by Scott A from Darien
- Nov 20, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
Can I watch movies rented through iTunes on multiple Apple TV's?
- Asked by Chad K from Edmonton
- Feb 6, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I watch movies rented through iTunes on multiple Apple TV's?)