iPod classic at a glance. Visit the iPod classic site
One word: Capacity.
With 160GB of storage and up to 36 hours of music playback,2 iPod classic lets you enjoy up to 40,000 songs or 200 hours of video wherever you go.1
With just a few clicks, the Genius feature creates a playlist of tracks in your library that go great together.
Browse with Cover Flow.
With Cover Flow, you can browse through your music collection by flipping through album art. Select an album to turn it over and see the track list.
Beautiful, durable and sleek, iPod classic features an anodized aluminium and polished stainless steel enclosure with rounded edges. Choose quintessential silver or striking black.
In the box
- iPod classic
- USB cable
- Dock adapter
- Mac computer with USB 2.0 port
- Mac OS X v10.6.8 or later
- iTunes 10.7 or later
- PC with USB 2.0 port
- Windows XP Service Pack 2 or later, 32-bit editions of Windows Vista or 32-bit editions of Windows 7
- iTunes 10.7 or later
iPod + iTunes were made for each other. Learn more about iTunes
Buy your iPod with complete confidence.
Technical Support and the iPod Warranty
Every iPod comes with complimentary, single-incident telephone technical support within 90 days of your iPod purchase. In addition, your iPod, its rechargeable battery and all included accessories are covered against defects for one year from the original purchase date by a limited hardware warranty.
AppleCare Protection Plan
Extend your technical support and hardware coverage for two years from the original purchase date of your iPod with the AppleCare Protection Plan. You get direct access to Apple's own experts for questions and advice about using your iPod. And you get global repair or replacement service — including parts and labor — on your iPod, its battery, and included accessories. (For further details, read terms and conditions.)
— Simply add the AppleCare Protection Plan to your order after selecting your iPod.
Learn about the AppleCare Protection Plan
- 1GB = 1 billion bytes; actual formatted capacity less. Music capacity is based on 4 minutes per song and 128-Kbps AAC encoding; in 256-Kbps AAC format, song capacity is up to 20,000 songs. Video capacity based on H.264 1.5-Mbps video at 640-by-480 resolution combined with 128-Kbps audio. Actual capacity varies by content.
- Testing conducted by Apple in August 2009 using preproduction hardware and software. The playlist contained 358 unique audio tracks consisting of content imported from CDs using iTunes (128-Kbps AAC) and content purchased from the iTunes Store (256-Kbps AAC); video content was purchased from the iTunes Store. Battery tests are conducted with specific iPod units; actual results may vary. Rechargeable batteries have a limited number of charge cycles and may eventually need to be replaced (see www.apple.com/support/ipod/service/battery). Battery life and number of charge cycles vary by use and settings. Learn more.