Questions & Answers for LaCie 1TB Rugged Thunderbolt/USB 3.0 Hard Drive
9 Questions from the Community
What's in the Box?
LaCie Rugged USB 3.0 Thunderbolt Series hard drive
USB 3.0 cable (USB 2.0 compatible)
Quick install guide
Complete software suite: LaCie Private-Public, Backup Assistant, Wuala Secure Cloud Storage
- Answered by Antoni R
- Jul 20, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (is this product supplied with a cable? if so which one?)
Will this work with airport?
Will other product brands work with Airport or only Apple?
- Asked by Lauren M from Palatine
- Jul 4, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this work with airport?)
- Answered by Little H from Mtview
- Jun 5, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (what is the spin speed)
does this ex. hard drive have a slot for memory cards?
The intent of using the hard drive is to store photos taken during an expedtion to the Galapagos Islands. One of the reasons to choose this particular device is the waterproof/shockproof aspect. I really don't want to carry my laptop onboard and risk any damage from drops on deck or into the water. If the device has a memory card slot, all will be well. If it doesn't, what would be the advice to accomplish storage of the photos (as a backup to having 5-6 memory cards, that could be lost or damaged)?
Thank you in advance for any help you may be able to provide.
- Asked by Maureen T S from Hoover
- Jul 19, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (does this ex. hard drive have a slot for memory cards?)
can I save movies & TV shows on this device
I want to save movies & tv shows on my laptop. Will this LaCie 2TB rugged do it?
- Asked by Glenn C from Sylacauga
- May 17, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (can I save movies & TV shows on this device)
Your question is a bit confusing. This is an external hard drive so saving anything to it will not be saved onto your laptop.
To answer what I think your question is, yes, this is a hard drive and it will save whatever type of file you choose to put on it.
- Answered by Andrew H from Westminster
- Jun 12, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (can I save movies & TV shows on this device)
does this drive have password protection
- Asked by Mark D. H from Lynchburg
- Mar 18, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (does this drive have password protection)
Will this drive's thunderbolt port work with Apple's firewire adapter? I'm answering my own question as a FAQ: No it does not. See below
The drive is not seen nor does it power up when plugged into a thunderbolt to firewire adapter. I was hoping to be able to squeeze that extra attribute out but alas, it's not the case. The USB does work even with a G5 running 10.5.8
- Asked by Wolf M from Grafton
- Apr 3, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this drive's thunderbolt port work with Apple's firewire adapter? I'm answering my own question as a FAQ: No it does not. See below)
No answers yet
Does this work with thunderbolt 2
- Asked by Malachi D
- Apr 25, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this work with thunderbolt 2)
Yes I have this LaCie. Note there is no physical difference between Thunderbolt 1 & 2.
2 supports 4K displays but all the connections are already there for this 'paralleling' which is really all T2 is.
- Answered by Thomas M from Redmond
- May 5, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Does this work with thunderbolt 2)
HI I am thinking of using this drive with a Macbook Pro Retina asI am running out of internal disk space, what level of latency do you experience
I am going to partition the drive on the Mac Book with Win 7 and ARC GIS and will be using satellite images (0.5 to 1.0 Gb) mounted on the hard drive to analyse features I am interested in so latency is an issue for me,
No answers yet