Questions & Answers: Search Results
Similar questions from the community
can a thunderbolt display be used with a KMV switch?
To use the display for both a Mac tower and a Windows tower.
- Asked by Robert K from Philadelphia
- Jun 30, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (can a thunderbolt display be used with a KMV switch?)
Is the ThunderBolt Display worth the money?
I love my 13" non-retina MacBook pro and I'm curious if the the Thunderbolt display is worth the money. I don't care about the glare as I will be looking out a window so the sun won't reflect on it. I produce music and an extra display would be of huge help. My concern is, is it reliable? I really don't care about height adjustment or anything but is it a quality-built monitor that will last a while? I have a 19" Dell Monitor but its having problems and I would like to upgrade to something better. I am also a school student and I guess it could help with research papers and such.
- Asked by Jesse H from Clarence Center
- Jan 27, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Is the ThunderBolt Display worth the money?)
Can I connect to an external Thunderbolt HDD using the Thunderbolt on the display?
I have purchased a Thunderbolt NAS drive from Apple recently and also have a Thunderbolt enabled Macbook Air.
My question is that if I purchase then new Display, can I connect the NAS through the Thunderbolt port on the back of the Display?
I know this is the case for USB but does it work for Thunderbolt connected drives as well?
- Asked by John H
- Mar 27, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I connect to an external Thunderbolt HDD using the Thunderbolt on the display?)
Can I connect my laptop from work (Dell / HP) to a Thunderbolt Display?
I would like to buy a Macbook Air for home but I would like to use one monitor for both, my PC from work (Dell / HP) and my new Macbook. I really like the Thunderbolt display but I am not sure if it will work with my PC.
- Asked by Juan S from Katy
- Aug 12, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I connect my laptop from work (Dell / HP) to a Thunderbolt Display?)
I want to use my HP laptop to connect with the apple display. So can I use a cinema display or thunderbolt display to use with my window laptop.
will a thunderbolt display work with a mac pro dvi out
- Asked by Tiffany L from Clovis
- Mar 20, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (will a thunderbolt display work with a mac pro dvi out)
- Asked about: Mini DisplayPort to DVI Adapter
Will the usb ports on this keyboard work with the Thunderbolt display?
- Asked by Brynne P from Charlottesville
- Jan 12, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Will the usb ports on this keyboard work with the Thunderbolt display?)
- Asked about: Apple Keyboard with Numeric Keypad …
I have a Mac Pro will your new Thunderbolt display work on it?
please specify the installation and guides
- Asked by Premalatha M from Ampang
- Mar 9, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (I have a Mac Pro will your new Thunderbolt display work on it?)
Will the 27" Thunderbolt Display power a USB SuperDrive?
My SuperDrive works only if I plug it directly into my Retina Display MBP, thus taking up one of the USB ports. My powered USB hub will not power the SuperDrive, and neither will the USB ports on the back of my 30" Cinema Display monitor.
If I get the 27" Thunderbolt Display, can I plug the SuperDrive into one of the USB ports on the back of the display and draw enough power from it?
- Asked by Roger B from Los Angeles
- Jan 12, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Will the 27" Thunderbolt Display power a USB SuperDrive?)
Thunderbolt display cable length/extension
Apple doesn't say, but I've read that the integral Thunderbolt cable is just one meter (or three feet approx.). I have also read that it is possible to extend this by purchasing the two meter Thunderbolt cable from Apple and connecting to the extra port, but then I will not have powered USB / Firewire ports on the display.
Question: is there a connector that would allow me to extend the integral cable by adding Apple's cable and thus retain use of the Thunderbolt port and allow power to the USB & Firewire ports.
I am will be using this with a rMacbook Pro. I have some work I need to do at a few feet distant from the monitor.
- Asked by Jonathan B from Miami
- Oct 9, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Thunderbolt display cable length/extension)
No answers yet
Can i add in the end of the chain a non thunderbolt display as 2nd display
i am setting up my new work desk, and have the following plan:
1 Mac Book Pro (Latest)
then via TB 1 x 27inch Thunderbolt Display
then via TB 1x Pegasus R6 Raid
and then as the last one in the chain a Normal 2010 Display port
Will that work?
- Asked by Benjamin S from Malden
- Jan 22, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Can i add in the end of the chain a non thunderbolt display as 2nd display)
If I daisy chain two Thunderbolt Displays, can I do two different tasks at the same time?
For example, on the first display I would like to open up a Word file and work on it while the other display is in Excel.
- Asked by Roderick E from Wilmington
- Sep 27, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (If I daisy chain two Thunderbolt Displays, can I do two different tasks at the same time?)
Apple Display Power in UAE
Hi, I am moving to UAE next month and I would like to know if my Apple 27" display will work there. It's not the Thunderbolt model but the previous incantation of this display.
- Asked by Shawn S from Germantown
- Dec 1, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (Apple Display Power in UAE)
Would Apogee Duet Firewire work via Thunderbolt Cinema Display ?
Bought a macbook air.. wich means no firewire..
I then bought an adapter Firewire to Thunderbolt so I can use my Apogee Duet Firewire but Im shopping now for a display.
If I can use Apogee Duet Firewire through Thunderbol Display firewire port everything would be solved !!!
- Asked by Benoit B from Saint-jean-sur-richelieu
- Sep 9, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Would Apogee Duet Firewire work via Thunderbolt Cinema Display ?)
Will early 2008 MacBook 13-inch work with Thunderbolt Display?
- Asked by Mary R from Noblesville
- Feb 5, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Will early 2008 MacBook 13-inch work with Thunderbolt Display?)