How far apart can these speakers be placed? My desk is 6' 6" wide.
- Asked by Kevin A
- Mar 11, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (How far apart can these speakers be placed? My desk is 6' 6" wide.)
2 Answers from the Community
Speaker edge-to-edge is about 53 inches with the cable fully taut. I'd say around 4 feet if you loosely wired it around equipment.
- Answered by Tae S from Las Vegas
- Mar 23, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
If you want to recreate the same "soundstage" the recording engineer experienced, then you should space your speakers approx 45 degrees from your seated position. On a desk, that would probably only be a couple of feet apart - typically on either side of your monitor.
With the speakers at either end of your desk, their sound might appear to be a little disparate, and if you were bellied-up to your desk watching a movie, the on-screen dialogue would appear to be coming from the extreme right and left, and not from the center (monitor), unless, of course, you moved away from your desk approx 10 feet and recreated that 45 degree proportion between you and your speakers.
- Answered by John B from Long Beach
- Mar 23, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Which one has a better display and camera between iphones 6 and 6+?
- Asked by Rabeh A from Halifa A
- Jan 31, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Which one has a better display and camera between iphones 6 and 6+?)
- Asked about: iPhone