Can you use this to plug into the iPad via the USB Camera Connector to record audio?
- Asked by Christopher B from Grandview
- May 29, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you use this to plug into the iPad via the USB Camera Connector to record audio?)
2 Answers from the Community
I just answered a very similar question, so I will paste that reply for the sake of convenience:
Excellent question. YES... but there is a caveat. Connecting the Icicle to the iPad via the USB camera connector won't provide enough power and you will get a warning about how "the device uses too much power," and the iPad will ignore it.
HOWEVER, if you 1) connect the Icicle to a powered USB hub, and then 2) connect the hub's USB to the USB camera connector, you will be able to use an XLR mic connected to the Icicle - even ones that require phantom power.
- Answered by Billions M from New York
- Jun 21, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
No. The Camera Connector ONLY downloads photos. It doesn't do anything else nor does it support any other kind of peripheral.
- Answered by Kenneth D from Ottawa
- Jan 24, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Is there a digital connector that is 30 pin male on one side and USB female on the other.
- Asked by Stephen M from Willimantic
- Jun 11, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Is there a digital connector that is 30 pin male on one side and USB female on the other.)
- Asked about: iPad