Has anyone used this with slideshark? Can you use notes view and have just the slide view projected, or does it ONLY mirror the ipad?
SlideShark app allows for a "notes view", where I am supposed to be able to see my notes on my ipad, but audience only sees the actual "slide view". I want to know if anybody else has tried this. Does it work?
- Asked by Barbara F from Indianapolis
- Jan 18, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Has anyone used this with slideshark? Can you use notes view and have just the slide view projected, or does it ONLY mirror the ipad?)
7 Answers from the Community
SlideShark gives you the option to view your PowerPoint presentation (including all graphics and animations) in full screen or in a notes view where you can see the slide notes, a roll of upcoming slides and a window showing the slide playing through with all the animations (still controlled by clicks/taps), a bit like presenter view on PowerPoint. When you connect your iPad to a second monitor, the second monitor will only ever show the full screen presentation show, but you have the option on the iPad to have a mirror (full screen) or presenter view. You can't see the SlideShark menu on the second screen either, so you can move between different presentations really easily.
For me, it's a superb app and one of the main reasons for getting an iPad. It works really seamlessly, and you can use your iPhone or iPod Touch as a remote too, so you don't even need to hold the iPad.
- Answered by Richard G
- Jan 22, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Barbara, this works very well. As a presenter you have a timer, a scroll bar with all slides, a slide preview and notes. It is similar to the "presenter view" in PowerPoint. And yes, the audience only sees the main slide (and a laser pointer or annotations if you choose).
- Answered by Michael H from Glenview
- Jan 22, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Not only does SlideShark do exactly what you said: it shows the user the full screen view of the slide while the author can view the notes. But it has so many other helpful features for the presenter - A timer to ensure the appropriate amount of time is spent on each slide and the presentation as a whole, the ability to annotate slides by drawing on the iPad, a counter of the number of animations remaining. One of the best features for my company is the Broadcast that allows the presenter to use their iPad with SlideShark just like a Webex-type meeting so others can join remotely via PC or tablet and view the presentation as if they were in the room.
- Answered by Bethany S from Alburnett
- Feb 20, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
It does work Barbara! Just like with the traditional PPT functionality where only the presenter sees the notes, as is the same with SlideShark. Check it out and have fun!
- Answered by Laura P from Seattle
- Feb 18, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 4
The audience will only see slide view and not your notes. This is app is the only one I have found that keeps Powerpoint animations like I want them.
- Answered by Carrie G from Nashville
- Feb 6, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 5
You hit the nail on the head. The functionality works as you described it. I use it on the go for meetings to showcase new and older presentations. It is effective in a way that people aren't stuck listening to you the entire time! Enjoy it!
- Answered by Brianna R from Totowa
- Jan 31, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 6
The app works just like you've described in your question. You can view the notes on your iPad, while the audience sees only the full slides. Additionally, you can jump from one slide to another in your presentation as needed. Hope this helps!
- Answered by Randy G from Cookeville
- Jan 23, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 7
Can I view the pictures without importing.
- Asked by Barry W from Kensington
- Jan 26, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I view the pictures without importing.)
- Asked about: Lightning to SD Card Camera Reader
Will the cable allow me to view the optimum (cable) app on my tv?
- Asked by Robert S from St Thomas
- Mar 28, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Will the cable allow me to view the optimum (cable) app on my tv?)
- Asked about: Apple 30-pin Digital AV Adapter
Will this enable me to project and view documents via the GoodReader app?
- Asked by Christina R from Shaker Heights
- Dec 17, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this enable me to project and view documents via the GoodReader app?)
- Asked about: Apple 30-pin to VGA Adapter