Does the Thunderbolt/Gigabit Ethernet Adapter support auto cable detect?
IE, will the adapter sense whether it is connected to a patch cable or a crossover cable, and adjust transmit/receive line assignments as appropriate?
- Asked by John L from Bellevue
- Sep 10, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the Thunderbolt/Gigabit Ethernet Adapter support auto cable detect?)
2 Answers from the Community
I tested it and no it does not. You will need a cross connect cable instead.
Good news, if needed you can increase the MTU to 9000
- Answered by Frederic M from Montreal
- Oct 25, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
- Answered by Joshua G from Ft Lauderdale
- Nov 3, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2