how do I connect a hdmi display to thunderbolt
- Asked by Michael K from East Lansing
- Flag as inappropriate (how do I connect a hdmi display to thunderbolt)
1 Answer from the Community
The easiest is to purchase a Thunderbolt to HDMI adapter. Apple makes Thunderbolt to VGA and DVI adapters, but for whatever reason has left it to 3rd parties like Belkin, Kanex, StarTech and others to sell (buy it from the Apple store if you are worried about compatibility and return issues).
If this is your home TV and you simply want to use your Macbook, iPad or iPhone to display on the TV look at buying an Apple TV. It is the only Apple product with built in HDMI that will easily connect to to your TV or other HDMI device. You can then use Apple's AirPlay feature from any recent iPhone, iPad or Mac to mirror the desktop to the TV. Very cool feature and better than dragging cords around.
- Answered by Stephen I from San Jose
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Can I connect my gaming system to the thunderbolt display using the thunderbolt to HDMI adapter?
- Asked by Jose F from New York
- Apr 2, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I connect my gaming system to the thunderbolt display using the thunderbolt to HDMI adapter?)
- Asked about: Apple Thunderbolt Display (27-inch)
Using a thunderbolt display with a PC?
- Asked by Gloria L from York
- Nov 15, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Using a thunderbolt display with a PC?)
- Asked about: Mac