Why is the word (PRODUCT) in front of RED in only the red covers description?
- Asked by Matthew Q from Greenville
- Flag as inappropriate (Why is the word (PRODUCT) in front of RED in only the red covers description?)
6 Answers from the Community
Product Red, styled as (PRODUCT)RED, is a brand licensed to partner companies such as Nike, American Express (UK), Apple Inc., Starbucks, Converse, Bugaboo, Penguin Classics (UK & International), Gap, Emporio Armani, Hallmark (US) and Dell. It was founded in 2006 by U2 frontman and activist Bono and Bobby Shriver of ONE/DATA to engage the private sector in raising awareness and funds to help eliminate AIDS in Africa. The Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria is a recipient of (RED) money.
- Answered by Andrew T from Random Lake
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Various companies produce (product) RED versions of their products, that are coloured red, the proceeds of which go to the charity called (product) RED.
- Answered by Thomas P
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
(PRODUCT) RED is an initiative that gives some of the purchase price of branded products to organisations engaged in the fight against AIDS, tuberculosis and malaria in Africa. www.joinred.com is their official web site and there's also a pretty good Wikipedia entry describing the initiative.
- Answered by Bruce G
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
A portion of the purchase price is donated by Apple to Product Red which helps fund the fight against AIDS across the world, they do it with special red iPods too, they've done it for years.
Many other companies like Nike, Starbucks and Dell have partnerships with Product Red too.
- Answered by Luke J
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 4
(PRODUCT) RED is a charity, Apple give a percent of the the sale on all red products to the charity.
- Answered by Henry Y
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 5
Thank you all very much for your answers. It's a great thing these companies are doing. I will know better next time.
- Answered by Matthew Q from Greenville
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 6
Does the word (PRODUCT) appear on the red iPod shuffle?
- Asked by John B
- Dec 5, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the word (PRODUCT) appear on the red iPod shuffle?)
- Asked about: iPod
what are the charities that the "Red" and "Black" proceeds are going to?
- Asked by Dean E from Beaverton
- Jun 20, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (what are the charities that the "Red" and "Black" proceeds are going to?)
- Asked about: Beats Solo HD - Drenched in Teal