Can I use the thunderbolt display megasafe cabe with the new macbook pro retina display? Megasafe plug is different now, isn't it?
3 Answers from the Community
Yes, it's different. You'll need the MagSafe to MagSafe 2 Converter
The MagSafe to MagSafe 2 Converter allows you to use the MagSafe connector on your LED Cinema Display, Thunderbolt Display, or MagSafe Power Adapter to charge your MagSafe 2-equipped Mac computer.
Available in the Apple Store for $9.99
- Answered by James H from Portland
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Read the section that says "what's in the box"; it comes with the Mag 2 adapter. No need to buy another.
- Answered by Nathan M from Medford
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
No. I too was interested if this was the case and after speaking with Apple Support, the new MagSafe 2 is slightly thinner and so cannot also power the Retina MacBook Pro. You will need to use a seperate MagSafe 2 cable to bower the Retina MacBook Pro.
- Answered by Delme G
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
Does the MacBook Pro with Retina display have a stereo mic input?
- Asked by James M from Shreveport
- Jan 23, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the MacBook Pro with Retina display have a stereo mic input?)
- Asked about: Mac
would this work on the new macbook pro with retina display ?
- Asked by Carlos S from Los Angeles
- Jun 20, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (would this work on the new macbook pro with retina display ?)
- Asked about: Moshi 15" iVisor Pro Matte Screen P…