knob and tube?
Will the Belkin Wemo light switch work with older knob and tube electrical wiring? I noticed in the install requirements that a neutral wire is required - if only two wires exist in my house I'd assume one is hot and one is neutral. Is this correct?
- Asked by Matt F from St. Paul
- Feb 12, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (knob and tube?)
1 Answer from the Community
That is an incorrect assumption. If you only have two wires at the switches, one is likely the hot, the other the switched hot to the load (light). A neutral is required. This device needs a tiny amount of power to run the device and thus needs hot and neutral in addition to the switched hot (should also have a ground). The electrical code has recently added a requirement for all switch locations to have a neutral as more smart switches are coming on the market. Contact a qualified electrician for help.
- Answered by Mark S from San Diego
- Apr 10, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Can I use to watch you tube
- Asked by Yiser T from Bronx
- Feb 9, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use to watch you tube)
- Asked about: Apple 30-pin Digital AV Adapter
Does it work with equinux 'The Tube' TV?
- Asked by Brian P
- Feb 24, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (Does it work with equinux 'The Tube' TV?)
- Asked about: Apple Remote
No answers yet