use with electric baseboard
Can Nest be used with electric baseboard heat?
- Asked by Gerard M from Chambersburg
- Jan 21, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (use with electric baseboard)
2 Answers from the Community
Electric Baseboard heat generally runs on 120 or 240 volts.
The thermostat can only handle 24 volts.
You would have to have an electrician install a relay or transformer to adjust voltage.
- Answered by James J W from New Hyde Park
- Oct 7, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
I've have electric heat and the nest works great.no issues no problems.
- Answered by Manny M from New York
- Jan 22, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Does any smart thermostats support electric baseboard heaters ?
- Asked by Shawn C from St. John's
- Nov 28, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Does any smart thermostats support electric baseboard heaters ?)
- Asked about: ecobee3 Smart Wi-Fi Thermostat