how easy/difficult is this unit to install?
- Asked by Paul C from Philadelphia
- Flag as inappropriate (how easy/difficult is this unit to install?)
1 Answer from the Community
The Nest Learning Thermostat is very easy to install. It even comes with a screwdriver!
Here are the steps you should follow AFTER turning off all power to anything HVAC related:
1. Take off the faceplate of your old thermostat using the included screwdriver.
2. Use the provided labels to label the wiring running to your thermostat. This will be sure that you connect Nest the proper way to your system. (If you look closely, there should be identifiers engraved or printed on your existing thermostat.
3. After labeling, remove your old thermostat.
4. Attach the back plate of the thermostat to the wall. You may need to use the existing wall brackets. Be sure to pull your old write through the middle of the back plate. Use the level on the backplate to ensure everything's straight!
5. Attach labeled wires to their correct position on the Nest backplate by pressing down on the tab and inserting the wire.
6.Press the Nest thermostat onto the backplate
7. Turn everything back on.
If you followed these steps correctly the thermostat should power on and guide you through the setup.
*Keep in mind these are my personal instructions that I remember going through when installing my Nest. These are meant as a guide and those installing should use the instructions included with your Nest. Hope this helps!
- Answered by Matthew W from Hickory Hills
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
What length is the Thunderbolt cable that ships with this unit?
- Asked by Ron And O
- Apr 21, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (What length is the Thunderbolt cable that ships with this unit?)
- Asked about: G-Technology 3TB G-DRIVE with Thund…
For an installation where 1 teacher wants to control 20 student machines, does every student machine need to have ARD installed?
- Asked by William T
- Jul 11, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (For an installation where 1 teacher wants to control 20 student machines, does every student machine need to have ARD installed?)
- Asked about: Apple Remote Desktop 3 Volume Licen…
How do I handle more than 16 zones? Can the app handle more than one unit?
- Asked by John P from Saratoga
- Apr 15, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (How do I handle more than 16 zones? Can the app handle more than one unit?)
- Asked about: Rachio Iro 16-Zone Smart Sprinkler …