Can you use the stand without the keyboard? I don't see a view showing how the iPad is braced or held up in the stand.
- Asked by Sue C from Charlotte Amalie
- Aug 1, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you use the stand without the keyboard? I don't see a view showing how the iPad is braced or held up in the stand.)
- Asked about: Incase Origami Workstation
2 Answers from the Community
Yes, you can use the iPad in the case without the keyboard. I was concerned that the iPad would be unstable without the weight of the keyboard to hold the case down, but this is not an issue because the rear of the case acts as the iPad support and therefore it can work well on its own. (That said, I would strongly suggest that if you buy this product, you would also want to buy the keyboard, as there are probably cheaper/simpler products that could act simply as an iPad support).
As regards to how the iPad is held in position within the case, there are two solid plastic clips that are used to mount the keyboard into the case securely. Those same plastic clips are also used to wedge the iPad behind; this means that the iPad won't slide down, even if there is no keyboard in the case.
- Answered by Nicholas M
- Jan 5, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
The iPad rests against the clips that hold the keyboard in place. On youtube you can find videos that will show how it works.
- Answered by Kevin S
- Aug 21, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Can you use the stand in portrait view
- Asked by Peggy R from Wellington
- Sep 17, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you use the stand in portrait view)
- Asked about: LifeProof nüüd Case for iPad mini
No answers yet
do i need a stand with the keyboard for my ipad
- Asked by Kimberle from Bellevue
- Nov 29, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (do i need a stand with the keyboard for my ipad)
- Asked about: Apple Wireless Keyboard - English
No answers yet
Will the iPad mini stand up vertically in the keyboard slot without falling over?
- Asked by Kevin B from West Hempstead
- Jul 17, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Will the iPad mini stand up vertically in the keyboard slot without falling over?)
- Asked about: Logitech Ultrathin Keyboard Cover M…