What is the warranty period for this Hard Drive ? (LaCie 2TB Porsche Design P'9233 USB 3.0 Desktop Hard Drive)
- Asked by John L from Orpington
- Nov 14, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (What is the warranty period for this Hard Drive ? (LaCie 2TB Porsche Design P'9233 USB 3.0 Desktop Hard Drive))
- Asked about: LaCie 4TB USB 3.0 Porsche Design P'…
3 Answers from the Community
It is 2 years, you can register the drive with lacie on their site so you will always no how long you have left.
- Answered by Pete L from Manchester
- Jan 1, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
2-years from date of purchase. When you register the product and sign-in to the LaCie site, you can check on warranty remaining.
- Answered by Neil Y from Ottawa
- Jul 31, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
I can't say for sure on the 2 TB unit but the 500 GB drive has a 2-year warranty. This is not a joke but the drive stopped working 1 day before the 2-year anniversary of the date of purchase from the Apple store. It turns out that Apple put my drive in the store 4 months earlier than my purchase date and LaCie had to be convinced that the drive was only in service for 2 years (less one day!) - I had the original receipt. They replaced the drive and extended the warranty for 6 months. (The service tech who was contacted initially said there would be a 6 month warranty however the paperwork only supported a 90 day warranty. I got satisfaction by complaining to another representative.) Hopefully, this refurbished drive lasts longer than the first one. We'll see; drives are notorious for failing after being put in use for 6 - 24 months (from what I've read).
- Answered by Carl I from Pebble Beach
- Jan 21, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
How many years warranty is there on this Item?
- Asked by Joseph S from Albuquerque
- Jun 10, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (How many years warranty is there on this Item?)
- Asked about: G-Technology 1TB G-RAID mini USB 3.…
Can I back-up from an external hard drive to time capsule
- Asked by Laura T from Exeter
- Oct 31, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I back-up from an external hard drive to time capsule)
Do external hard drives attached to iMac's (Thunderbolt or USB 3.0) turn off when iMacs shut down or go to sleep?
- Asked by Andrew P from Roxburgh Park
- Aug 22, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Do external hard drives attached to iMac's (Thunderbolt or USB 3.0) turn off when iMacs shut down or go to sleep?)