What is an audio interface?
Garageband illiterate but trying desperately to learn! I'm looking to buy a mic to record songs I've written & want to sell...but I keep seeing that I'll need an audio interface to hook it up to my Mac. Help?
- Asked by Caroline M from Minneapolis
- Apr 13, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (What is an audio interface?)
- Asked about: Apogee MiC Digital Microphone
1 Answer from the Community
Simply it's a upgraded sound card for your Mac.
External audio interfaces let you record audio - converting the analog sound to digital data providing the audio component for multimedia applications such as music composition, editing video or audio, presentation, education and entertainment.
Also providing connections for external monitors and inputs such as XLR for microphones and line in connection for instruments.
Simple song writing can be had with a USB mic and a midi keyboard.
- Answered by David P from Mississauga
- May 5, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
on a 2014 mac book pro 15 inch retina is the headphone jack an input and output(line in and line out) or would i have to buy a audio interface?
Will the macbook air interface with my iMac G5
- Asked by Felicia P from Ocean Springs
- Jun 30, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (Will the macbook air interface with my iMac G5)
No answers yet