Retina display MacBook Pro vs 27" iMac for graphic design.
I'm a graphic designer and have always worked on MBP's. I'm about to upgrade again and can't decide if I'm better off getting a new retina display 13" MacBook Pro and a 27" Thunderbolt Display (as I travel around a lot and work in cafes) or keep my current MBP just for travelling and meetings in cafes etc and buy a big old iMac 27" for the office and then just dropbox files between the two. Which do you think is a better/faster option for tonnes of graphics work ie. I have pretty much the whole Adobe Creative Suite on the go at all times :) Thanks.
- Asked by Felicity C from Bulimba
- May 4, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Retina display MacBook Pro vs 27" iMac for graphic design.)
- Asked about: Apple Thunderbolt Display (27-inch)
1 Answer from the Community
I love designing on my iMac, but you can always just grab a screen for your MBP. But if you already have a MBP, you may benefit from the iMac's built in display which people do not realize is a heck of a deal. The 27" iMac screen is about the best you can get for desktop computing. I put a 24" Acer screen on each side of the iMac and I do not want for space. If you already have a mobile computer, just get more for your money and get the iMac. You can even game on them with full settings if you are into that sort of thing.
- Answered by Adam B from Bonaire
- Jul 6, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
buying a macbook pro for graphic design
- Asked by Peter J from Delray Beach
- Sep 1, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (buying a macbook pro for graphic design)
No answers yet