Macbook Pro 2012 enough to handle Modo, Photoshop, and zbrush?
Hi I was wondering can the Macbook Pro 2012 with upgraded 16gb rams with the High-res glossy upgrade enough to handle Modo/Maya, Photoshop, and Zbrush. This is the 2.3ghz with the 512mb video card. I'm planning on using this for College as i'm an Art major and I need a laptop that can Handle all three of those software and maybe even other 3D rendering programs. This Laptop is design as a workstation and not for gaming. So I was wondering with the spec I have will it be enough. Please don't get all technical on me as i'm new to Macs. Also this wont be doing any Video Editing at all and i might upgrade the main HDD into a SSD in the future. Thanks in advance and i'm simply buying a Mac so that i can use both Mac and PC in my field. I have a powerful PC desktop at home.
- Asked by Steven H from Los Angeles
- May 4, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Macbook Pro 2012 enough to handle Modo, Photoshop, and zbrush?)
1 Answer from the Community
I'm quite sure it will work just fine. I tested some of those programs on my Macbook Pro Retina 2013, but it has already a SSD drive as default.
What will make a big difference it is a SSD drive. Mine works almost 4 times faster than any other Serial ATA internal drive.
If you have that money to spend, then it's the best buy you can get IMO.
- Answered by Alberto T from Firenze
- Apr 13, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Will I have a problem running ZBrush?
- Asked by Garrett H from Roscoe
- Aug 14, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Will I have a problem running ZBrush?)
No answers yet
I have a 2012 MacBook Pro will it work with mine?
- Asked by William B from Cincinnati
- Aug 11, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (I have a 2012 MacBook Pro will it work with mine?)
- Asked about: Apple 45W MagSafe Power Adapter for…