Macbook Pro 13" or Air 13"?
Sorry for the repeat question, but I have a bit of a dilemma.
My current Pro 13" is on its last legs, and I'm going to need to buy a new laptop here soon. I'm a student going into film and I need something powerful enough to render and edit video without having a meltdown, among other things.
My biggest factor in looking at the Air instead of the Pro is cost because, you know, student budget. But I don't want to sacrifice power for money
I need a machine that can handle:
- heavy internet use
- streaming, editing, and rendering video
- Photoshop CS5, for both illustration work and photo processing (ideally Flash as well)
- very occasional gaming mostly on RPGmaker, which isn't a top priority
- a borderline ridiculous amount of iTunes music
- daily and heavy Word use
Any suggestions? Should I just go with the Air and get an external hard drive to free up space? Thank you!
- Asked by Nicole D from Vancouver
- Flag as inappropriate (Macbook Pro 13" or Air 13"?)
1 Answer from the Community
If I were you I would go with the MacBook Pro 13". It's is definitely faster and can handle media editing very well. But just get the preferred amount of storage when you purchase. If you don't have the latest MacBook Pro 13" with Retina Display then I recommend buying that. :)
- Answered by Taylor P from South Hedland
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
MacBook Pro 13' or MacBook Air 13' for college student
- Asked by Alison P from Ballston Spa
- Oct 19, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (MacBook Pro 13' or MacBook Air 13' for college student)
Does this work with the Macbook Air 13 inch
- Asked by Bashir I from Miami
- Apr 15, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this work with the Macbook Air 13 inch)
- Asked about: Apple Remote
No answers yet
does this work for the 2013 macbook air 13"?
- Asked by Howard S from New York
- Jul 1, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (does this work for the 2013 macbook air 13"?)
- Asked about: Acme Made 15" Skinny Sleeve for Mac…