Can I use a 32 GB (4x8) memory in this model?
iMac 27-inch, Mid 2011
Processor 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7
AMD Radeon HD 6970M 1024 MB
- Asked by Adolfo C from Haltom City
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use a 32 GB (4x8) memory in this model?)
- Asked about: Apple Memory Module 16GB 1600MHz DD…
2 Answers from the Community
you can look up what it can run at everymac.com
- Answered by Michael T from New Castle
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
When I took my Apple 27-inch iMac mid-2011 into my local Apple retail store recently the Genius who was helping me said that “theoretically the four slots in my iMac could support 32 Gb, even though the technical specs say 16 Gb”. I am not sure if this is because the 8Gb RAM modules are the same physical size as the 4 Gb RAM modules, or not. Because if my iMac was designed to only access 16 Gb of RAM, I am not certain if it can actually use the 32 Gb even if it is present. I could not get further clarification on this question, and am waiting to order memory until I do.
Good question. Please post the answer if you find it out for certain.
- Answered by Anna P from Lake Oswego
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
how and where to find an external hard drive with more gigabytes for storage and memory? for macbook pro retina display and the cost and everything
- Asked by Larry C from Concord
- Jul 31, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (how and where to find an external hard drive with more gigabytes for storage and memory? for macbook pro retina display and the cost and everything)
Will the iMAC with Retina Display take more then 32 Gb Memory upgrade?
- Asked by John R from Browns Plains
- May 5, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Will the iMAC with Retina Display take more then 32 Gb Memory upgrade?)