Best mac for music studio
- Asked by Jack L S from Los Gatos
- Jan 11, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Best mac for music studio)
1 Answer from the Community
I'm no expert in this area but I do know a fair amount about Macs and Mac software. So I assume that you would need to run Logic Pro X and/or Main Stage 3.
Let's assume you would want 16 GB RAM. So that narrows it down to a few different Macs. If I personally was going to buy I Mac for a music studio I would choose a MacBook Pro with Retina display 13" or 15" depending on what/when/where it was going to be used. As for a desktop I would recommend a iMac (either size would work). The Mac mini would be a bit underpowered and the Mac Pro would be overkill.
Now let's assume that you would want/need more RAM than that. If that is the case then a laptop is out of the question. I would recommend the 27" iMac or the Mac Pro. If you go with the Mac Pro you would only need a 6-core processor at the maximum.
Whatever you decide I would recommend upgrading to an i7 processor and if you upgrade the iMac get Fusion Drive or a Solid State Drive, or if this is out of your budget try to upgrade what you can.
- Answered by Brett D from Naperville
- Jul 9, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Which mac book is best for use in a music recording studio ?
- Asked by James G from Daly City
- Dec 11, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (Which mac book is best for use in a music recording studio ?)
which is best for music production
- Asked by Ronny J from Kansas City
- May 6, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (which is best for music production)
Which is the best mac for a dance studio owner/teacher?
- Asked by Monica M from Waynesboro
- Jan 30, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (Which is the best mac for a dance studio owner/teacher?)