how does it know when you are gone?
How does the thermostat know if you are on vacation or just outside for a long time?
- Asked by Richard B from Fairview
- Flag as inappropriate (how does it know when you are gone?)
- Asked about: Nest Learning Thermostat 2nd Genera…
3 Answers from the Community
The Nest has a built-in motion sensor. If it does not detect activity after a period of time, it will go into Auto Away mode. When activity is sensed, it will return to Home mode. If you want, you can set Away mode manually on the thermostat or through the app.
- Answered by Albert L from Coquitlam
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
It senses movement in the area of the thermostat. So it really doesn't
matter if you are away for a short or long period. It will activate again when
movement is detected.
- Answered by Robert R from Boca Raton
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
There is a motion sensor build into the device that determines how often you walk by, and when, then after a week or so can predict when you have left the house.
- Answered by David K from San Jose
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
How do I know which generation my ipad is?
- Asked by Kelly B from Superior
- Dec 17, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (How do I know which generation my ipad is?)
No answers yet
I don't know what charger to get for iPad
- Asked by Calum P
- Feb 16, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (I don't know what charger to get for iPad)
No answers yet