Does the iPad 4 support an output resolution of 1600 x 1200 over this Lighting to VGA Adapter?
I'm aware it supports the standard 1024 x 768 resolution on projectors, but I want to know if that limitation is due to the projector not accepting a higher input or with the iPad itself. I have a Dell Ultrasharp monitor with a native resolution of 1600 x 1200 and I'd hate to purchase this without making sure it used it to its full advantage.
- Asked by Derek S
- Aug 25, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the iPad 4 support an output resolution of 1600 x 1200 over this Lighting to VGA Adapter?)
- Asked about: Lightning to VGA Adapter
1 Answer from the Community
It says in the description that it supports up to 1080p, which usually means an aspect ration of 16:9 and a resolution of 1920x1080. So most likely, it will not meet your monitor's native 1600x1200 resolution, though you should probably try it out to be certain. I always get mixed results with Apple adapters.
- Answered by Matthew L from Pittsburgh
- Sep 30, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
what resolution does the NEW Ipad output over the VGA adapter? Still 1024x768?
- Asked by Matthew W from West Chester
- Mar 20, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (what resolution does the NEW Ipad output over the VGA adapter? Still 1024x768?)
- Asked about: Apple 30-pin to VGA Adapter