Whether you're recording a guitar at your kitchen table or a complete band in the studio, the Snowball can capture sound with detail unheard of before in a USB mic. Plus, it's a direct plug and play mic that connects to either a Mac or PC - no additional software is needed.
Record anything from vocals to a full band
With its dual capsule design and unique three-pattern switch - cardioid, cardioid with -10dB pad, and omni - the Snowball can handle everything from soft vocals to the loudest garage band - and it's ideal for podcasting.
- Professional condenser microphone
- USB powered
- Plug and play functionality
- Unique three-pattern switch
- Dual capsule design
- Acoustical operating principle: Position 1-3: Pressure gradient
- Polar pattern: Position 102: Cardioid; Position 3: Omnidirectional
Did you notice?Recording everything from podcasts to your live band, easily and with professional quality.
Apple Recommends ForRecording everything from podcasts to your live band, easily and with professional quality.
What's in the Box?
- Snowball microphone
- 6-inch stand
- USB cable
- Frequency Response : 40Hz - 18kHz
- Mac OS X v.10.4.9 or later
- 64 MB RAM
- USB 2.0
- Windows XP (SP2)/Vista/7
- Mfr. Part Number : SNOWBALL-GB
- UPC or EAN No. : 836213001912
- Note : Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty : Two year
- Two year
Ratings & Reviews
When I bought this for singing the guy at the apple store told I should save up money and buy something more expensive but I bough t a lot of things that day and there was no money to save up to I bought this. I AM SO GLAD, it works great with garage band, my vocals sound perfectly fine, my friends listen to my song and they say it sounds like lady gaga so I think this mic really did the job for a good price too …
- Written by Daniella V from Dracut
151 of 166 people found this useful
This is a great microphone! I use it for my podcasts and anything else that uses a microphone! it is a nice GREAT Quality micropho ne! …
- Written by Dan L from Flemington
128 of 142 people found this useful
I highly recommend this microphone to anyone who is starting off podcasts or any kind of voice overs, the quality is amazing and t he set up is easy! Not sure why it's getting bad reviews. …
- Written by . . from .
55 of 56 people found this useful
Absolutely amazing. Perfect quality. No better microphone that money could buy.
- Written by Amy D from Unity
6 of 9 people found this useful
I bought the Snowball with the intention of recording my band (vocals, 2 guitars, bass and drums). We wanted a microphone that cou ld capture everything. The very first position of the mic was perfect. Almost in the middle of the band, waist high.
We are a band playing very loud rock and the Snowball just picks up everything! It is absolutely amazing! We would recommend it for bands, who wants to record their songs, for listening and reviewing, look for new opportunities, ideas and patterns in their songs.
Hope this helps other rockers out there. …
- Written by Jens Olpindo K from København Ø
10 of 10 people found this useful
I purchased the Snowball for dictation with 10.8. Previously I had tried speaking to the Internal Mic, using a Bluetooth Headset and using a wired Mic - all fairly useless. The Snowball, however, is amazing. I have placed it a foot away on my desk and it captures my speech almost without error. I've used it to dictate emails, Word documents, and I've even used it to dictate updates in FileMaker. In fact, this review is being dictated using the Snowball. I would recommend this product to anyone wanting to start dictating, rather than typing. …
- Written by Arley K from Squamish
21 of 21 people found this useful