PalmGuard is a tough, thin-film solution that helps prevent the wear and tear of daily use from diminishing the beauty of your MacBook Pro.
It's a perfect match
Carefully color-matched and machined to precisely cover the entire palm rest area, PalmGuard provides quality protection while remaining unobtrusive.
- Guards the palm rest from grease, dust and stains
- Color-matched and form-fitted to MacBook Pro (Unibody)
- Resistant to scratches
- Protects against splashes
- Easy to install
- No residue when removed
Did you notice?The form-fitting semi-rigid film helps prevent scratches and safeguard from spills.
Apple Recommends ForDemanding users who want to preserve the look of their MacBook Pro.
What's in the Box?
- Moshi PalmGuard palm rest protector
- Moshi Trackpad film
- Mfr. Part Number : 99M0012206
- UPC or EAN No. : 4712052310858
- Note : Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty : One-year limited (For details, please visit http://www.moshistore.com/index.php/warranty.)
- This product is not compatible with the MacBook Pro with Retina display
Ratings & Reviews
so far so good
I just purchased the Moshi keyboard cover and took a chance on this palm rest protector. It was pretty easy to apply and like the feel of it. The track pad/button protector also increased the "feel" of the track pad. So far Moshi has not disappointed. …
- Written by Michael H from Lanai City
80 of 87 people found this useful
It's definitely Needed!
I'm not sure what the other person is saying, but the palm area / touch pad can definitely be scratched. Unfortunately I learned this the hard way. I purchased the Moshi palmguard to protect my MacBook and so far its done a great job. You can barely tell it is on your machine because it is very thin and the color is matched very nicely. I will definitely make sure to have one of these on any future MacBooks that I buy. …
- Written by Sean M from Succasunna
76 of 81 people found this useful
I also have the keyboard protector from moshi, I think they make a wonderful product. As far as functionality, there is no differe nce whatsoever. It obviously feels different than the macbook, but I believe that is the point, so it protects the palm area and trackpad. It fits perfectly and blends perfectly with the macbook pro, I recommend for any mac owners who want to preserve and protect their investment! My only qualm is that it is a bit pricey for a piece of plastic, I don't understand why the moshi products are a little expensive, but all in all it is worth it. …
- Written by Lindsay S from Las Vegas
67 of 76 people found this useful
i absolutely love this product. good buy. love the way it feels
- Written by Donna T from Toronto
0 of 1 people found this useful
The Best Protection For Your Investment!
This is by far the best protection on the market. I just installed mine and it is perfect. barely even know its there... defiant ly worth the nickel...
- Written by Mark E from Vancouver
25 of 25 people found this useful
I bought this to prevent my MacBook Pro from getting worn and dirty. It blends in with the color of the Mac and is still easy to u se the trackpad. Hope it stays on for a long time! …
- Written by Kelly W from Ferndale
22 of 22 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
- Asked by Ying-shi T from Dunedin
- May 2, 2010
They have a separate one for the MacBook White. I've used it. Fits and looks great.
- Answered by Siddhartha B from Dubai
- May 5, 2010
Just wanting to ask, has anyone used the moshi palmguard in conjunction with the Incase Hardshell case? Does it work? Please let me know. Thanks!
- Asked by Anthony S from Melbourne
- Oct 14, 2009
it will fit just fine. all of the palmrest protectors on the market are not thick enough to interfer e with the application of a hardshell cover. …
- Answered by Mark O from Las Vegas
- Oct 18, 2009
- Asked by Cheri G from San Mateo
- Jan 5, 2010
It will depend on the model of your 13.3 inch unibody pro. This palm rest protector is made to fit t he A1278 model of the MacBook Pro. …
- Answered by Lim Qing W
- Jul 25, 2010
- Asked by Andrew W
- Jul 7, 2012
No, it does not fit the new MacBook Pro with Retina Display. Instead of returning the item, I used a sharp pair of scissors and trimmed it down to size. It's not ideal, but it will protect the laptop until Moshi makes a palm guard specific to the 15" Macbook with Retina Display. The TrackGuard protector is also slightly (a few milimeters) smaller than the trackpad of the 15" Macbook Pro with Retina Display. …
- Answered by Kelly H from Hilo
- Jul 10, 2012
- Asked by Lucie S
- Jun 21, 2012
I can't say for certain but I should imagine, with the nature of this product, that it will just sin k into the dent as you press it down. …
- Answered by Andrew W
- Jul 7, 2012
This protector does not cover the keys in any way. It is only a cover for the area which your palms rest either side of the track pad. This product also includes a separate track pad protector. …
- Answered by Andrew W
- Jul 7, 2012