NeatReceipts is a mobile scanner and digital filing system that helps you manage all of your paperwork on the computer. It includes NeatWorks software that identifies and extracts the important information from receipts, business cards and documents and automatically organizes it for you.
Powerfully easy to use
NeatReceipts relies on NeatWorks for Mac Version 2.0 software that's designed to look and feel like the applications you use every day. It gives you drag-and-drop functionality, multiple views and is completely integrated with Spotlight.
Capture and retrieve details quickly
NeatWorks software uses OCR and patented parsing technology to identify and save key information. On receipts, it looks for the date, vendor, amount and sales tax. On business cards, it collects all of the contact information. And on documents, it saves the printed text in searchable PDF format. You can also perform keyword searches on any scanned item.
It works where you work
Weighing less the one pound, NeatReceipts is perfect for taking along for the road, home or office. You can keep track of every detail no matter where you are.
- Navigate the interface with ease
- Save digital copies of receipts and records of vendors, dates, totals
- Create expense reports and manage business and personal expenses
- Keep track of expenses for tax time (records accepted by the IRS)
- Export data to PDF, Excel, Quicken, QuickBooks, TurboTax
- Keep digital images of business cards
- Capture name, address, company title and more
- Create your own searchable contact database
- Export data to Outlook and more
- Scan documents and create searchable PDF files
- Edit text using copy/paste
- Organize and store in your digital filing system
Did you notice?Intelligent text recognition and keyword searching let you save and retrieve information from scanned documents with ease.
Apple Recommends ForAn easy-to-use, intuitive way to manage all of your business and personal paperwork.
What's in the Box?
- NeatReceipts for Mac scanner
- NeatWorks for Mac 2.0 software
- Other Features: Automatic Document Feeder, Automatic Document Recognition, OCR Software Included
- Connections: USB
- Height: 1.3 in./3.3 cm
- Width: 10.8 in./27.43 cm
- Depth: 1.6 in./4.06 cm
- Weight: 10.6 oz./300.5 g
- Scanner resolution: 600 x 600 dpi
- Mac OS X v.10.4.10 or later
- Mac PowerPC G4, Intel Core Duo processor or faster
- 1 GB free hard drive space
- 1 GB RAM
- CD-ROM or DVD-ROM Drive
- Mfr. Part Number: 322
- UPC or EAN No.: 899061000322
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty: One-year limited (For details, please visit www.neatco.com/support/warranty-information.)
Ratings & Reviews
Not Happy with this At All
I'm somewhat surprised, given every "article" written is enthusiastic. I have to say the success rate on business cards is about I'm somewhat surprised, given every "article" written is enthusiastic. I have to say the success rate on business cards is about 1 in 20. 2 in 20 are "close" but require 2-3 minutes of juggling of information around. And, honestly, half the phone numbers are wrong (I guess the scanner can't really handle the small fonts on most business cards).
I think it is quicker to simply type in the contact information manually (which is too bad).
I will most likely be returning this product unless somebody can convince me the scan and edit is quicker than just typing.
Here's my comparison:
1. Launch address book (pick any app) - 20 seconds
2. Click 'New Contact" - 5 seconds
3. Type/Enter Contact Info - 30 seconds
4. Save, Toss Card, Save 1-10 MB of Disk space - 5 seconds
TOTAL TIME: 1 minute
1. Get and Connect Scanner - 30 seconds
(no sense leaving it out on the desk all the time)
2. Launch NeatReceipts Software - 20 seconds
3. Scan Business Card - 30 seconds (at least, with analysis)
4. Proof and Correct Data - 2-3 minutes
5. Save (and waste 1-10 MB of disk space) - 5 seconds
6. Import/Merge into Address Book? - 20 seconds
TOTAL TIME: 3:45 - 4:45 minutes
Really silly, unless you plan on practicing to become a professional scanner/proofer/editor. I'd rather stick with my typing skills - and save my disk space. …
- Written by Shawn K from Concord
335 of 385 people found this useful
Every receipt that I've scanned has gone crooked. To the point all my receipts on screen look curved. I haven't got a straight one Every receipt that I've scanned has gone crooked. To the point all my receipts on screen look curved. I haven't got a straight one yet. If a paper gets caught on a fold, it will alter the direction of the paper going through, again making it crooked. It needs a guide on the outside. Sometimes it looks smeared.
It can't recognize any text at all. Get's it wrong all the time.
The only cool thing about it is it's size. It's small and lightweight. It's also powered through the USB cable, so no need for a power outlet which is handy in the car.
Going to return it.
Now if only Abobe would make Acrobat for Mac without having make us by Creative Suite! Loved that program when I was a PC user. …
- Written by J F from Saskatoon
171 of 184 people found this useful
The card-scanning software is poor; its redeeming quality is that the original card is saved as a picture which transfers to addre The card-scanning software is poor; its redeeming quality is that the original card is saved as a picture which transfers to address book, so the mistakes the software makes can be corrected at a later time and the original card is there for future reference; I find it useful when you have many cards to digitize (say 50); you just let the scanner do its job possibly with errors, and you can devote your time to doing something else. Scanning pdf's, however, is good.
The actual scanner is small and I use it when I travel, it even fits inside your carry-on.
It is a pity also that it does not seem to scan pictures to high-quality jpg's, just to pdf's. …
- Written by Luis S from Toronto
160 of 168 people found this useful
Not difficult to install software but once installed the program is not as user friendly as NeatReceipts would like for you to thi Not difficult to install software but once installed the program is not as user friendly as NeatReceipts would like for you to think. Even though the software is installed it recognizes data on your computer does not seem to recognize the scanner to scan documents, cards etc in which is the reason for purchasing the NeatReceipts. I have had to force quit a lot. Support for the product is extremely limited! The NeatReceipts website has some FAQ's but it spends too much time saying how it can help organize your life but not enough time on telling you what to do when things do not work correctly. When you call NeatReceipts they want to sell you more stuff. It is an expensive piece of equiptment that does not work well. Useless! …
- Written by ANGELA RENEE P from Huntersville
3 of 3 people found this useful
It works well at times, but when it has a receipt format that it doesn't know it freaks out. I'd rather it just leave it blank th It works well at times, but when it has a receipt format that it doesn't know it freaks out. I'd rather it just leave it blank than fill in what it thinks. …
- Written by Leti S from Sacramento
2 of 2 people found this useful
Wow.....what an waste
Hardware is great, but you can tell that the sales folks have WAY to much of a say at this Idiot Ranch. Software updates can only Hardware is great, but you can tell that the sales folks have WAY to much of a say at this Idiot Ranch. Software updates can only be access though an account that tries to sell you every service in the world but never lets you get to an update of the software. Fascinating. The great news is that one simple sledge hammer allowed me to correct the problem. Expensive therapy, but here is the bottom line. DON"T BUY IT. The hardware component is decent when it works.....but the software is so buggy and riddled with silly updates tied to accounts so they can sell you x, y and z that it is not worth the aggravation. So fellow Apple users of the world heed all of these reviews about this incredibly bad product. …
- Written by Cort C from Virginia Beach
10 of 10 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
All the reviews about neat receipts seem to be about scanning business card - but what about scanning receipts? Does it work well?
- Asked by Suzanne Z from Temple
- Dec 2, 2009
Yes, any documents with numerical text works fine. Our office would spend a week completing employ Yes, any documents with numerical text works fine. Our office would spend a week completing employee time sheets, expenses, and then reconciliation with invoicing. Now we have it completed in two days. Hand written recognition is great, but all data then must be manually transferred to columns. Where text that is typed, is captured and 90% of the numerical information is transferred from the receipts to the ledger columns accurately.
DH Red Deer …
- Answered by Don H from Red Deer
- Mar 4, 2010
can the Neat App be used with an iMac computer? I have a Neat Small scanner used with a Windows application and want to use it with my iMac
- Asked by Alison M from Brooksville
- Aug 8, 2013
you have to get the mac version of the scanner and the software, the windows version is not compatib you have to get the mac version of the scanner and the software, the windows version is not compatible with mac …
- Answered by Martin T from Dallas
- Apr 14, 2014
driver for os x version 10.9.3,scanner doesn't work since I upgraded to this version. Is there a link for the download so my scanner will work again?
- Asked by Karie D from Newport Beach
- Jun 3, 2014
Does it have own software? may it use i-photo to organize scanned items?
- Asked by Raul M from Lleida
- Mar 30, 2011
Sadly, I have only gotten this scanner to work using NeatCo's proprietary software.
- Answered by Kyle J. W from Ottawa
- Jul 10, 2011
does this scanner only make files into JAPEGs or does it transfer also to a PDF?
- Asked by Jordan F from Phoenix
- May 4, 2011
Yes. This scanner actually gives you the option to write (and has a hardware button specifically for Yes. This scanner actually gives you the option to write (and has a hardware button specifically for) PDF files. You can also select PDF in the software, if you choose to load it instead of using the hardware buttons. …
- Answered by Kyle J. W from Ottawa
- Jul 10, 2011
i am only interested in scanning images, not on text recognition, and on getting a scanner that is portable and mac compatible. can I just scan images
- Asked by Maria L from Coconut Grove
- Nov 20, 2010
Yes, images only is easy!
- Answered by Lynne H from Vancouver
- Nov 21, 2010