AppleCare+ for iPad
Every iPad comes with one year of hardware repair coverage and 90 days of telephone technical support. AppleCare+ for iPad gives you two years of repair coverage and technical support from the original purchase date of your iPad. And it adds coverage for up to two incidents of accidental damage due to handling of your iPad, each subject to a $49 service fee plus applicable tax.1
How to get AppleCare+
- You have 30 days from your iPad purchase to buy AppleCare+. Your iPad purchase date is the date we ship and charge you for your order.
- There are two ways to buy from Apple:
- From the Apple online store: When you order the iPad with Retina display, iPad 2 or iPad mini, you'll have the option to add.
- At an Apple Retail Store (if AppleCare+ is purchased separately from iPad, inspection of the iPad, & proof of purchase are required).
- Service coverage is available only for the iPad and its original included accessories for protection against (i) defects in materials or workmanship, (ii) battery depletion of 50 percent or more from original specification, and (iii) up to two incidents of accidental damage from handling of your iPad, each incident being subject to a $49 service fee plus applicable tax. Replacement equipment that Apple provides as part of the repair or replacement service may be new or equivalent to new in both performance and reliability. See terms at http://www.apple.com/legal/applecareplus/terms/ipad for full details.
- Availability of each option depends on country in which service is requested and location of Apple Authorized Service Provider. Service coverage may be subject to certain restrictions.
- The AirPort device or Time Capsule must be purchased up to two years before your iPad purchase or during the term of your AppleCare+ coverage.
AppleCare+ benefits are in addition to any legal rights provided by consumer protection laws in your jurisdiction. AppleCare+ is subject to acceptance of the Terms and Conditions. The company obligated under AppleCare+ in the United States is AppleCare Service Company, Inc., an Arizona corporation and wholly owned subsidiary of Apple Inc., doing business in Texas as Apple CSC Inc. AppleCare+ must be purchased within 30 days of new covered equipment. Purchase of the plan is not required to purchase the covered equipment. For complete details, see terms at http://www.apple.com/legal/applecareplus/terms/ipad.