Charge and sync your iPad with the iPad Dock. Your iPad sits upright in the dock as it syncs or charges, so it’s perfect for a desk or countertop. It features a convenient audio line out port that connects to powered speakers. And it supports other iPad accessories, such as the iPad Dock Connector to VGA Cable and iPad Camera Connection Kit. You can even use it as a picture frame while it’s charging.
Here are some ways you can use the iPad Dock:
- Connect the dock to your computer with the USB cable included with your iPad to sync iPad and charge its battery.
- Connect the dock to an electrical outlet using the iPad 10W USB Power Adapter (included with your iPad) to charge the iPad battery.
- Use the dock to hold your iPad at the perfect angle to compose email and notes using a Bluetooth keyboard or to watch your favorite videos or photo slideshows.
- Connect the dock to a TV or video projector using a compatible cable such as the iPad Dock Connector to VGA Adapter or the Apple Component or Composite AV Cable.*
- Connect the dock to a stereo or speakers using an AV cable or a stereo audio cable to play music from iPad.*
What's in the Box?
- iPad Dock
1-800-854-3680 or Chat now
iPad (1st generation)
Ratings & Reviews
Another disappointing iPad accessory.
1. Your iPad will be wobbly left and right when sitting in this dock and you'll constantly wonder whether you have a Pros/Cons:
1. Your iPad will be wobbly left and right when sitting in this dock and you'll constantly wonder whether you have a firm connection. The connector itself seems pretty fragile and it's just a matter of time before I bump it hard enough to snap the connector off.
2. Like the Keyboard Dock, you have to remove your iPad from any case. That is a major pain.
3. The angle is more upright than the Keyboard Dock, which is better for nightstand placement if you want to watch movies on your iPad.
4. The rubber base is not grippy enough. Every time I push the iPad's "Home" button, the whole assembly slides across my desk or nightstand. The Keyboard Dock is better in this regard, because it's heavier.
5. You can't use your iPad in landscape orientation. This alone is a deal breaker.
A proper dock design would allow A) placement of the iPad in or out of its case, B) portrait or landscape orientation with the connector on a cable or in some kind of rotating assembly, C) adjustable viewing angles. In other words, a flexible stand would be much more useful than a fixed dock, in practice. …
- Written by Todd O from Draper
2017 of 2293 people found this useful
Save your money on this one. Apple dropped the ball on this dock (and their case). For these two items not to work together is cri Save your money on this one. Apple dropped the ball on this dock (and their case). For these two items not to work together is criminal. Or maybe smart business. You buy the iPad, case and dock. You cannot charge/dock while in the case so you remove. Dock is flimsy enough that you knock dock and iPad off table. Since it is user error, buy new iPad. Is this how they will reach a million units sold this year?
Seriously though, wait as I am sure there are a multitude of companies working on compatible dock and case. …
- Written by James M from Arcadia
1290 of 1627 people found this useful
Pointless if you use a case
Thought that Apple of all "designers" would have thought that those of us who use cases might like to dock our iPads as well - ins Thought that Apple of all "designers" would have thought that those of us who use cases might like to dock our iPads as well - instead of making the support bar have enough room for even the Apple designed case or adjustable so that any case (or an iPhone even) could be used on this dock made it an immediate return and exchange for a spare power adapter. …
- Written by William H B from Tampa
1179 of 1432 people found this useful
Does what it is supposed to!
The IPAD dock holds the IPAD well and recharges it as expected. I don't understand how anyone can complain about how it supports The IPAD dock holds the IPAD well and recharges it as expected. I don't understand how anyone can complain about how it supports the IPAD. My only complaint would be it takes two hands to remove it from the stand. Worth every penny!! …
- Written by Kenneth W from Murrieta
1 of 1 people found this useful
Very Poor Product
I must say I have never been as disappointed in any Apple products until now. This is very bad. Can't believe they have not remo I must say I have never been as disappointed in any Apple products until now. This is very bad. Can't believe they have not removed it from there product line. This dock will only work with the old iPad connectors and then it is very unstable. Does anyone make a suitable dock for the new iPads? Sorry Apple but this dock stinks. …
- Written by Timothy M from Kokomo
1 of 1 people found this useful
Headphone jack failure
I have loved using this dock for the past year or so. I often have it at my desk plugged into some speakers so I can listen to the I have loved using this dock for the past year or so. I often have it at my desk plugged into some speakers so I can listen to the music on my iPad. However, the headphone jack in the rear recently failed so that sound only comes out for one channel. With no moving parts and pretty solid construction (with no way to get in there to attempt a repair), it seems like this shouldn't happen. I'm relegated to using the jack at the top of my iPad, which works, but looks lame. …
- Written by SEAN M from Dixon
2 of 4 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Can I leave my iPad on the Dock charger all the time when not in use, or will it harm the unit and/or battery?
- Asked by Julie H from Salina
- Jul 31, 2010
Yes you can leave the iPad n the dock all the time as the iPad stops receiving charge when it is ful Yes you can leave the iPad n the dock all the time as the iPad stops receiving charge when it is fully charged …
- Answered by Mark H
- Aug 8, 2010
Can I use a wireless apple keyboard with ipad?
- Asked by Garlyn W from Arvada
- Apr 14, 2010
Yes, you may use a Bluetooth (wireless) Apple Keyboard with iPad
- Answered by James W from Manchester Center
- Apr 15, 2010
Connecting iPad to Bose sound dock?
- Asked by Dan G from Saint John
- Sep 16, 2010
What I have found is you need to get the dock station extenders cord from apple or do a google searc What I have found is you need to get the dock station extenders cord from apple or do a google search for a 30 pin male to female adapter cord. …
- Answered by Stephen M from Flemington
- Nov 20, 2010
Is there a Dock for the new Retina ipad or will I have to but the Dock for the ipad 2 and the adepter so the Dock would work?
- Asked by Gerald C M from Dayton
- Nov 3, 2012
All the docks I have tried are not recognized by the new iPad, unfortunately. My have to revert back All the docks I have tried are not recognized by the new iPad, unfortunately. My have to revert back to my mini laptop. …
- Answered by Abdullahi A from Kaduna
- Dec 15, 2012
Thank you Henry but I have discovered that there is an adapter that fits the docking plug on the ipa Thank you Henry but I have discovered that there is an adapter that fits the docking plug on the ipad dock which in turn fits the Ipad mini smaller plug. Useful also for all other bits like the charging plug …
- Answered by Patricia A
- Feb 10, 2013