The wearable IK Multimedia iRing lets you control your music apps and effects without touching your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac. Using IK’s advanced image recognition, your iOS device camera determines the position of the iRings on your hand. It can then track your movements and gestures and translate them into control over a wide range of music and other apps.
Beginners can use iRing to create real-time, non-stop dance grooves and scores with the included iRing Music Maker app. Imagine DJ’ing a party and using your hand movements to create the mood and groove. Launch and switch loops and control effects in the moment, in dozens of different musical styles—all without touching your screen. Plus you can record and share your creations with your friends.
For advanced musicians, the free iRing FX/Controller app takes you into the world of fully customizable touchless control. Using Inter-App Audio or AudioBus, you can use iRing FX as a powerful effects processor, all controllable in 3D using iRing.
You can also control other apps via Virtual MIDI. For instance, you're able to assign each axis (up/down, left/right, and closer/further) on each ring to a specific parameter, routed to any compatible app. This way you can control up to six parameters simultaneously—and even more using the recognized gestures.
It's also possible to sync iRing to your Mac via Wi-Fi, letting you use your device as a powerful MIDI controller on today’s most popular music creation and DJ software. Plus, IK’s open SDK means there’s an ever-expanding range of apps to explore.
- iRing on your finger controls iPhone and iPad music apps via hand gestures
- Includes two reversible rings made from rugged thermoplastic
- Works using iPad or iPhone camera, so no need for batteries or charging
- iRing Music Maker app lets novices make great-sounding music, with hundreds of loops and effects in an easy-to-use interface
- iRing FX/Controller app lets pro musicians create custom setups and add effects to other music apps
- Can control hundreds of additional apps via Inter-App Audio, AudioBus, and Virtual MIDI
- Able to control Mac apps via MIDI over Wi-Fi
- iRing works with the front-facing camera from up to 2.5 feet away, and the rear camera from up to 5 feet away
- Includes two double-sided rings and free downloadable apps from the App Store
Did you notice?iRing uses your iPhone or iPad camera, but you can also set it up to control Mac apps via Wi-Fi.
Apple Recommends ForControlling and creating music on your iPhone or iPad with a wave of your hand.
What's in the Box?
- Two thermoplastic iRings
- Quick start guide
- Download guide for iRing apps
- Height: 1.06 in./2.7 cm
- Width: 1.65 in./4.2 cm
- Weight: 0.35 oz./10 g
- Length: 1.18 in./3 cm
- Mfr. Part Number: IP-IRING-WHI-APL
- UPC or EAN No.: 8025813541030
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty: One year for parts, ninety days for labor
iRing Music Maker
iRING MUSIC MAKER – NONSTOP MUSIC MAKING FOR EVERYONE
USING REVOLUTIONARY iRING MOTION CONTROLLER
Turn your iPhone®, iPad® or iPod touch into the ultimate groove and dance music machine using the iRing controllers and the iRing Music Maker app. iRing Music Maker is the FREE companion app for IK Multimedia’s revolutionary iRing controllers that lets you make killer grooves and non-stop dance music by simply moving your hands in front of your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch to change the grooves, play synth lines, control sound effects and create great dance music in real time with no prior music knowledge! iRing Music Maker is fun for everyone!
iRing Music Maker can be fully operated using the device touchscreen, but the real fun is when you use it with the iRing controllers (sold separately at your favorite electronics and music retailers), a set of two “rings” you wear on your hands that feature dot patterns that iRing Music Maker recognizes. When you move your hands in front of the device, iRing Music Maker translates the motion into control commands that let you change groove patterns, add and control effects in real time and even play synthesizer parts inside of the groove.
When you launch iRing Music Maker, you select a “song” which is a group of music loops that sound great together. Hit play, and immediately start the groove. You get 8 different “parts” (loop slots) that you can activate, and each of the parts has 9 different loop phrases that you mix into the groove.
Loop parts include different bass, drum, synth, guitar, percussion and multi-instrument loops that you can add to the groove in real time. And there are dozens of different loop phrases within each song, so the possible combinations are limited only by your creativity.
Plus, iRing Music Maker has an amazing selection of professional DJ effects that you can add and manipulate in your mixes, easily controlling the amount of effect applied.
On top of your groove, you can play and improvise impressive instrument lines, without any music knowledge, by using the included synth and bass synthesizer. Simply select your preferred sound and pattern bank, and play using the 8 melodic or rhythmic designs available in each pattern bank for hours of fun and creative expression.
iRing Music Maker also features a record function that lets you record your performance so you can share it with your friends via email, FTP or Soundcloud upload or use it in other apps on your device via audio copy.
iRing Music Maker is extremely easy to use right from the beginning, and with a little practice, you’ll be creating non-stop, amazing sounding music in no time.
iRing Music Maker Features:
- Create non-stop music on the fly with no music knowledge required
- Uses iRing motion controllers to convert hand movements into control commands
- Comes with 4 song collections, 4 effects, 7 synth and bass sounds and 4 pattern banks for free
- Select from different music styles like EDM, Dubstep, House & Hip Hop
- 8 part groove player with effects, plus synth and bass lines
- Record function lets you record and share performances with your friends
- More song collections, effects, sounds and pattern banks available via in-app purchase
- Compatible with Inter-App audio and Audio Bus
To learn more about the iRing and compatible apps, please visit:
Also check out the greatest selection of music apps and mobile music creation accessories here:
1-800-854-3680 or Chat now