With the SanDisk Connect Wireless Media Drive and its companion app, you're free to share and stream high-definition content between your iPad, iPhone, iPod touch or Mac devices without a cable connection. Simply connect wirelessly from your iOS device to the media drive and instantly stream your HD movies, browse photos and listen to music from around the house or on the go, while avoiding the common hassles of cables, attachment limits or Internet availability.
The SanDisk Connect Wireless Media Drive instantly increases your mobile device storage so that you can take more photos, shoot more videos and listen to more songs than ever before. Additionally, you can use the SD card slot on the Media Drive to easily share and download photos directly from your camera, without any need for a computer. Swap out memory cards for extra storage capacity.
- Wirelessly access your movies, photos, music, and documents stored on the media drive from your iOS device; no Internet or router required
- Automatically categorize your content into photos, videos, music, and other documents and view it within the app
- Upload photos, videos, and other files from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to the drive and free up space the iOS device
- Download files from the drive to your iOS device for offline access
- Edit photos, play slideshows, and auto-play all music files
- Use the iOS native document previewer to view PDF, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint documents
- Connect the media drive to your local Wi-Fi access point to connect to the Internet
- Set up a WEP/WPA password for the Media Drive Wi-Fi network and secure your connection
Did you notice?Up to eight iOS devices can access stored files via a Wi-Fi connection.
Apple Recommends ForInstantly and wirelessly adding extra storage to your iPad, iPhone, iPod, or Mac.
What's in the Box?
- SanDisk Connect 64GB Wireless Media Drive
- USB cable
- Quick start guide
- Other Features: Wireless
- Connections: USB 2.0, Wireless
- Power Source: Battery Power, External power supply
- Batteries: Rechargeable Lithium-Ion
- Height: 0.55 in./1.4 cm
- Width: 2.6 in./6.7 cm
- Weight: 2.67 oz./75.6 g
- Length: 2.6 in./6.7 cm
- Mac OS X v10.6 or later
- Mfr. Part Number: SDWS1-064G-GA57
- UPC or EAN No.: 619659120924
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty: Two years
SanDisk Connect™ Wireless Media Drive HD
Enjoy the freedom to wirelessly share and stream high definition content across iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, smartphones and tablets with the SanDisk Connect™ Wireless Media Drive app. This app requires a SanDisk Connect™ Wireless Media Drive device in order to work.
Simply connect wirelessly from your mobile device to the media drive and instantly stream your HD movies, browse photos and listen to music from around-the-house or on-the-go while avoiding the common hassles of cables, attachment limits or Internet availability.
Wireless Media Drive App
•Wirelessly access your movies, photos, music and documents stored on the media drive from your mobile device. No Internet or router required
•Automatically categorize your content into photos, videos, music and other documents and view it within the App
•Upload photos, videos and other files from your mobile device to the drive and free up space on your mobile device
•Download files from the drive to the mobile device for offline access
•Edit photos, play slideshows and auto-play all music files
•Use the iOS native document previewer to view PDF, Word, Excel and PowerPoint documents.
•Connect the media drive to your local Wi-Fi access point to connect to the Internet
•Set up a WEP/WPA password for the Media Drive WiFi network and secure your connection
•Use the App to easily upgrade the Media Drive’s firmware whenever there is an update available
About the SanDisk Connect™ Wireless Media Drive Device (sold separately)
•Works wirelessly via Wi-Fi (802.11 b/g/n), no Internet or router required
•Expandable storage capacity via the SD™ card expansion slot
•Simultaneously connect up to 8 devices and stream up to 5 HD video stream
•Up to 8 hours of continuous streaming on a single charge1
•Accessible up to 150 feet away
•Optional Wi-Fi password protection (WPA)2
•To learn more about the Wireless Media Drive go to www.sandiskconnect.com
Note: The media drive can store any file type. However, streaming content such as movies and music is dependent on the file support provided by your mobile device.
1 Based on streaming 720p content at 2mbps to one device; actual life and performance may vary depending upon usage and settings; battery not replaceable.
2 iOS ver. 6.0 or higher or Mac OS 10.6 or higher required
For questions, please consult the SanDisk support page at www.sandisk.com/mediadrive
iTunes is for legal or rightholder-authorized copying only. Don’t steal music.
SanDisk is a registered trademark in the United States and other countries. SanDisk Connect is a trademark of SanDisk Corporation.
iTunes, iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch are trademarks of Apple Inc.
©2013 SanDisk Corporation. All rights reserved. …
1-800-854-3680 or Chat now
Ratings & Reviews
Really Cool, but setup can be tricky
This is a really cool little device. I'm sure it will be perfect as a traveling external drive, but I did have some issues with s This is a really cool little device. I'm sure it will be perfect as a traveling external drive, but I did have some issues with setting it up. The free app for the iPhone can be used for setup but when setting up your wi-fi access you should know there are a few restrictions that I discovered.
1) You can't use the '-' character in your wi-fi name, so if you call your network "My wi-fi" it won't work, it will need to be "My wifi" instead.
2) If you use the app to set up your device you can't use special characters in the first password field but you can in the second one that is used to verify the first field. The character I had trouble with was the '@' symbol. I could enter this as part of my password when I set up the wi-fi while connected via USB but then couldn't login with my iPhone because the app can't use the symbol in a password for some odd reason.
3) I have no trouble now connecting to the device now that I have discovered items 1 and 2, but I have yet to get the device to connect and share my primary wi-fi network. I'm suspecting that this is because I keep my wi-fi hidden so once the device restarts it does not 'detect' the connection so therefore will not automatically connect to it. (It could at least try occasionally.) So don't try to connect it to a hidden wi-fi network. **I just tested this theory and it is correct. It won't try to connect to a hidden wi-fi connection.
This thing is really awesome though and I look forward to playing with it, it fits in the palm of my hand and will be an awesome way to keep my files with me wherever I go. …
- Written by Chris B from Washington
63 of 65 people found this useful
Doesn't stream iTunes films with iOS8
I bought this item yesterday at the Apple Store. I spent several hours trying to stream some of my iTunes films and TV shows. Fina I bought this item yesterday at the Apple Store. I spent several hours trying to stream some of my iTunes films and TV shows. Finally I contacted SanDisk chat support; they told me ..."We appreciate you reporting the issue. Our Engineering team is already working with Apple to resolve it. Please watch for any iOS and WMD or WFD application updates."
I believe Apple shouldn't sell products that are not compatible with current iOS, this causes lots of frustration and waste of time. …
- Written by Omar S from Toronto
53 of 61 people found this useful
Great device; perfect for road trips and vacations
I bought this device, as my own personal media server, with two goals in mind -- first, when on vacation, I wanted a way to share I bought this device, as my own personal media server, with two goals in mind -- first, when on vacation, I wanted a way to share photos with the other people I traveled with, and second, with a family of five that is often on long flights or road trips, I wanted a central media hub for storing and accessing movie and music files for viewing between multiple iPads. Now, instead of having to load content on each particular device, such as music, movies or books, I can throw everything onto the Media drive and let them access what each person wants. I bought this model over the Wireless USB Flash Drive, primarily because of the SD card slot, which makes it easy to add storage, use multiple SD cards to manage larger files, and most importantly, it makes transferring photos painless.
For my purposes, this device has been great. I've had it for about 6 months now, and haven't had the difficulties or set up issues that some of the other reviewed mentioned. Battery life on the device is fantastic. I've had three users stream three different movies all at once, with zero latency issues.
Fantastic product. …
- Written by David O from Foster City
48 of 52 people found this useful
Not as advertised
Connecting to iMac via USB works. Connecting via SanDisk wi-fi works using iPad Mini (older) and iPhone 6 (brand new), both using Connecting to iMac via USB works. Connecting via SanDisk wi-fi works using iPad Mini (older) and iPhone 6 (brand new), both using iOS 8.1. Can see files, including videos.
Can play supplied .mp4's on both devices. Can play my own, non-protected, .mp4's on both devices.
Cannot play .m4v (HD or SD) from either the iPad mini or iPhone 6. The .m4v's come purchased from iTunes. iTunes on the iMac is 126.96.36.199 (i.e., the latest). The apps on both mobile devices exit the SanDisk app and launch the browser to try to play the video. After that, everything hangs. I have no idea why. Could be a video format problem. Could be an iOS 8.1 problem. Could be a SanDisk app problem.
Very disappointed. Leaving on a long international trip in a couple of days and not sure I can use it. …
- Written by Rick J from Tucson
2 of 2 people found this useful
Great little drive
I've been running this for a few weeks now and it is just awesome. It's small light and compact. It fits in your pocket and you I've been running this for a few weeks now and it is just awesome. It's small light and compact. It fits in your pocket and you can forget about it.
I'm using it for photography and it is great for backing up memory cards out in the field and even allows for streaming the images to an iPad. It can be used as an AP when there is no WiFi about, meaning 2 or more devices to communicate with each other. Great for remote triggering my camera with Triggertrap. This is something its small brother the USB stick Connect wont do.
Connecting to it is easy as well. The app works great, but you can also FTP to it. This allows you to use FTP software and apps as well.
Cons: Doesn't look like it is very weatherproof and the lights on the side are tiny and hard to see in daylight. Connecting to it with the USB seems to turn on the WiFi as well. Not sure what's going on there.
Overall a neat little device with a lot of potential. It gets charged and downloaded when my camera does. A great bit of kit for field photography (just got to keep it in a plastic bag to keep it safe). …
- Written by Andrew A from London
No Internet Access...
It works great... You jus thave absolutely NO internet access while your connected to this device. Thus, you can't listen to music It works great... You jus thave absolutely NO internet access while your connected to this device. Thus, you can't listen to music that maybe on this device AND browse the web at the same time. OR... you can't listen to music, and do iMessage or any other chat program. Absolutly No Internet access while connected to this device.
Because of this, I returned mine back to the store. …
- Written by Gary Z from The colony
7 of 11 people found this useful