Speck’s SmartShell Case perfectly matches the sleek, lightweight design of your MacBook. This super-slim glossy hard case is precision-engineered for a perfect fit. And for a striking appearance, each case offers rich color and a striking glossy finish that lets you show off your unique style—while allowing your Mac’s design shine through. Anti-tip feet keep your MacBook stable and secure.
- Durable, ultra-thin hard shell protects from scratches and scuffs
- Sleek, glossy two-piece design is easy to put on and take off
- Anti-tilt rubberized feet keep your MacBook stable and secure
Did you notice?The striking color effects let the fine design of your MacBook—and the Apple logo—shine through.
Apple Recommends ForHard-shell protection that keeps your MacBook light on its feet.
What's in the Box?
- Speck SmartShell Case for MacBook
- Form Factor: Hard Case, Snap On
- Material: Hard Plastic
- Mfr. Part Number: SPK-A2176
- UPC or EAN No.: 848709005250
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty: One year (For details, please visit http://www.speckproducts.com/warranty-returns)
- Speck recommends cleaning your case before you put it on your MacBook and then once a month thereafter to avoid any build-up of dust or dirt. Simply wipe it with a soft, clean cloth or rinse with warm, soapy water. Before re-applying the case, make sure it’s completely dry—and also wipe down your Mac to remove any dust or particles.
Ratings & Reviews
Love. Clear color keeps Beauty and adds Shine, Stability, and Protection.
First off, color choice was a tough one to make online, and therefore I opted for going into my local Apple store (blessed COLOR:
First off, color choice was a tough one to make online, and therefore I opted for going into my local Apple store (blessed) where I didn't hesitate to open the packages and try the different shells they had in stock on the 11" MacBook Air they had on display.
The grey does show the Apple through it, but it was dull for my taste. If you want your computer to "not" be noticeable this could be a great choice.
In the end it was a debate between "clear" and the "purple" which I wholeheartedly (as a florist of over 18 years) would call lavender. I have to say the lavender was pretty cool and kind of had an iridescent effect to it once on the computer (in the packaging it does look purple because the top and bottom are set upon each other, but once on the computer it is lavender), I opted for clear because it shows off the beauty that is Apple.
Snaps on in seconds and very easily, so much so you would think Apple made it.
An unexpected bonus is that I have noticed I don't hesitate as much when I grab my computer, it is like the shell gives it more "grip" and is not as slick. Loving this hidden bonus.
Love. Clear color keeps my Apple's Natural Beauty and adds Shine, Stability, and Protection.
11" MacBook Air with this shell fits beautifully in the "Thule Stravan 11" MacBook Air Sleeve" sold here on Apple. …
- Written by Tiffany R from Palm Desert
3 of 3 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
If I buy a shell for my macbook pro 13" will it still fit inside the Thule 13 striven deluxe carrying case?
- Asked by John S from Moreno Valley
- Nov 28, 2014
Yes, I have both. Its a tight fit but it can be done.
- Answered by Theresa T from Palm Harbor
- Dec 8, 2014
Does the clear case yellow with time?
- Asked by Jason M from North Las Vegas
- Sep 18, 2014
No, my mum has the clear one and it looks good a year later. However the little tabs that hold the c No, my mum has the clear one and it looks good a year later. However the little tabs that hold the case on have all fallen off and the cases no longer stays on! …
- Answered by Ayeshea S
- Sep 28, 2014
Hi i just bought a 11.6 macbook.can a case of 11' fit mine? then if not why not selling of 11.6 ? thanks.
- Asked by Mohamed S from Abudhabi
- Sep 16, 2014
Huh? What is the question? The 11" Speck shell is made for the 11" Macbook Air. The 11.6" is the act Huh? What is the question? The 11" Speck shell is made for the 11" Macbook Air. The 11.6" is the actual screen dimensions but Apple doesn't sell the Macbook Air as the 11.6" model. …
- Answered by Steven C from Browns Mills
- Sep 18, 2014
Does this fit the white macbook 13inch 2006 0r 2008 model??
- Asked by James D from Palmerston North
- Jun 29, 2013