Misfit Shine Personal Physical Activity Monitor
Misfit Shine Personal Physical Activity Monitor
The Misfit Shine is a sleek personal monitor that syncs with your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch and the free Shine app to track your activity level. You can wear it anywhere on your body for any type of activity. Simply tap it and a cluster of lights glows through the metal shell to indicate your progress toward your daily goal.
Use the free Shine app to set your goals. Then sync the data collected by your Shine monitor to the app by simply placing it on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch screen. Any time you want, you can tap the app to see your progress. It's all done without buttons, cables, or recharging.
Built to last a lifetime, Shine is carved from aircraft-grade aluminum. An easy-to-change battery provides power for up to four months. And the unit is water-resistant, so you can include swimming in your training regimen.
Crafted like a piece of jewelry, Shine is a tiny disc with a lovely halo of lights that light up in relation to your activity level. It complements any style clothing. You can wear it anywhere—on your wrist, shoe, bra strap, belt, or around your neck. It comes with a one-size-fits-all Sport Band for your wrist.
- Device and app track a number of activities such as sleeping, cycling, and swimming, not just walking and running
- Elegant all-metal construction
- Different accessories for wearing on hip, neck, wrist, shoes, shirt, or bra
- Water resistant to 100 meters; great for swimming
- No charging required; battery lasts for up to four months
- Transfer data by just laying Shine on the iOS device screen
- Calculates steps and estimates calories burned and distance travelled
Did you notice?Designed for easy wearability and integration into your life, Shine includes a wristband and a clasp.
Apple Recommends ForKeep track of all your activities—from running to swimming to sleeping—with the monitor and the app on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
What's in the Box?
- Misfit Shine Personal Physical Activity Monitor
- One-size-fits-all Sport Band wristband
- CR2032 battery
- Battery replacement tool
- Mfr. Part Number: SH0AZ
- UPC or EAN No.: 858084004014
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty: One-year limited
This app requires a Misfit Shine and an iPhone 4S or newer. Get your Shine at www.misfitwearables.com/shine
Shine is the elegant activity tracker that inspires you to live an active life. Wear Shine anywhere on your body with our range of upgrades that are designed for comfort and style. Shine’s long-lasting battery and automatic wireless syncing mean you’ll spend less time plugging in and more time moving. Use the Shine app to access these features:
- My Shine: Create a goal and set Shine to work for running, cycling, swimming and more
- Activity Meter: Check your activity progress and see stats like steps, calories and distance
- Intensity Graph: See your activity level over time and watch yourself improve
- Highlights: See highlights of your days and weeks including activities, sleep, milestones and more
- Sleep: Find out how much deep sleep you’re getting, visualized in a graph
Find us on Twitter: @MisfitWearables
Need help? www.misfitwearables.com/faqs …
Ratings & Reviews
My favorite activity tracker
I've used the UP, Basis, Fitbit Flex, Fitbit One, Fuelband, and the Lark - but I prefer the Shine.
I wear mine on my wrist. I I've used the UP, Basis, Fitbit Flex, Fitbit One, Fuelband, and the Lark - but I prefer the Shine.
I wear mine on my wrist. It's super comfortable and you don't even feel it. The best part is when you double tap the screen, you get a quick halo of lights that shows you your progress. I love checking how close I am to my goal and being able to 'brag' and show to others how I'm doing when they ask me about it.
On top of that - You never have to charge it. It can go under water or in the washing machine. It syncs wirelessly. Oh and the industrial design is beautiful! Highly recommended. …
- Written by Michael A from Austin
50 of 58 people found this useful
I actually really like this activity monitor for the most part.
I have had this activity monitor for about 2 months now and it does a very good job at tracking how active I am and how long I sle I have had this activity monitor for about 2 months now and it does a very good job at tracking how active I am and how long I sleep. I like the fact that I can swim with it and take a shower and not have to worry if its on me on not before I get wet. All in all its a great product, I just wish it would wake me with a vibration in the morning and have more than two modes without having to sync to change the second mode. …
- Written by matthew F from San Diego
39 of 44 people found this useful
Great Activity Tracker
Shine is the best activity tracker I've had (and I've used quite a few). It really is very inconspicuous, and really easy to wear. Shine is the best activity tracker I've had (and I've used quite a few). It really is very inconspicuous, and really easy to wear.
The waterproof-ness of it is great for swimming or just not having to worry about it getting wet.
Really like how you can wear it in lots of different places with the clasp / sport band. …
- Written by Justin B from San Diego
35 of 39 people found this useful
Unreliable device, not as advertised
My device died only after having a couple of weeks. It's non-water proof as advertised. Not recommended.
- Written by Lan Q from Daly City
1 of 2 people found this useful
My (new) favorite fitness tracker.
After going through at least 4 Fitbits over the past few years, when I read about the Shine, I had to give it a try. It looks a bi After going through at least 4 Fitbits over the past few years, when I read about the Shine, I had to give it a try. It looks a bit sportier than I expected, but in terms of functionality I haven't been disappointed. For my needs, the Shine is perfect - I never have to take it off, worry about charging it, or avoid getting it wet. It's just there, always ready to go. After more than a month I'm still not tired of tapping it and seeing it light up to show me my progress.
In terms of the tracking, I wear it on my wrist - and I've noticed if I'm doing an activity that doesn't involve my arms much, it doesn't track steps as well as my Fitbit used to. But that's actually OK for me, since I wear the Shine more for motivation purposes than for accurate tracking. One of these days I'll try it on my waist and see if it performs differently.
The app performs great - never any problems syncing, and the UI is cute, useful, and fun to interact with. …
- Written by Amanda R from Outremont
1 of 1 people found this useful
Awesome when it worked...
It did everything it supposed to do until it rusted from the inside. I do sweat a lot so that must have been the problem. But it's It did everything it supposed to do until it rusted from the inside. I do sweat a lot so that must have been the problem. But it's a huge oversight considering its intended purpose. …
- Written by Luis T from Walnut