The Line 6 Sonic Port Guitar System makes it easy to connect your guitar or bass to your iPod touch, iPhone, or iPad and start making music. Simply plug your instrument into the 1/4-inch guitar input, launch GarageBand, the free Line 6 Mobile POD app, or another CoreAudio app, and start playing. Pro specs—up to 24-bit/48kHz audio quality throughout, and 110dB dynamic range on the guitar input—translate to full, powerful guitar tones.
Sonic Port also lets you turn your iPod touch, iPhone or iPad into a full-featured mobile studio. You can use the 1/8-inch stereo line input to track keyboards, mixers, CD players, and other iOS devices. Plug in your favorite headphones and hear your audio in stunning clarity. You can even connect powered studio monitors via the 1/4-inch mono/stereo guitar/line-level output.
Jam with the tone of your favorite artists
World-famous guitarists depend on Line 6 POD multi-effects for amazing tone in the studio and on stage. The free Mobile POD app brings these legendary tones to your iOS device. Mobile POD includes over 10,000 presets designed by artists, Line 6 and other players, so you can call up the right tone in an instant.
If you want to go further, you can mix and match 32 amps, 16 stompbox and rack effects, and 16 speaker cabinets for an impressive array of sounds. The intuitive interface makes it easy to tweak and save your custom tones. Mobile POD also lets you play along with your iTunes library* using your custom tones.
Learn, jam, and record with hit songs
Sonic Port works with the award-winning Jammit app—the first to let you play along with real, multi-track master recordings from major artists. Jammit isolates individual audio tracks within original master recordings, so you can learn, jam, and record along with your favorite songs as played by the original artists.
You can isolate your instrument from the track for closer scrutiny, loop the track for extended practice, or slow it down to a comfortable pace for learning. With Sonic Port as the guitar interface, Jammit loads perfectly matched Line 6 tones for a variety of its jam tracks, automatically changing the sound when needed as the song plays.
Perform live while traveling light
With Sonic Port and your iOS device, you can take the exact same tones from your home studio to the stage. Dial in your Mobile POD presets in the studio, then use Sonic Port and your iOS device to replace a heavy, cumbersome pedalboard when you perform live.
Just connect Sonic Port between your guitar and your amp using standard 1/4-inch cables—then use the Mobile POD app to instantly recall your whole effects chain for every song in your set list. It's the easiest way to get the exact same tones every time.
- The centerpiece of your GarageBand mobile studio
- Get the authentic tones of your favorite artists—or create your own
- The only system that lets you jam along with original hit recordings (with free Jammit app)
- Includes detachable Lightning and 30-pin cables
- Completely powered by your iOS device
- Up to 24-bit/48kHz audio quality
- 110dB dynamic range on guitar input
- 1/4-inch guitar input
- 1/8-inch stereo line input
- 1/4-inch mono-stereo guitar/line-level output
- 1/8-inch stereo headphones output
Did you notice?The free Line 6 Mobile POD app brings multi-effects used by world-famous guitarists in the studio and on stage to your iOS device.
Apple Recommends ForExperience the best sound quality when you use your guitar with GarageBand and other apps for iPod touch, iPhone, or iPad.
What's in the Box?
- Line 6 Sonic Port interface
- Detachable 30-pin connector cable
- Detachable Lightning connector cable
- Input Type: 1/4 Inch Mono, 1/8 Inch Stereo
- Height: 1.5 in./3.81 cm
- Width: 1.63 in./4.14 cm
- Weight: 1.44 oz./40.82 g
- Length: 4.44 in./11.28 cm
- Mfr. Part Number: 99-072-0605
- UPC or EAN No.: 614252301596
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty: 90 days
- *Tracks must be stored locally and must not protected by FairPlay digital rights management.
- App name: Mobile POD by Line 6
- Link: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/mobile-pod/id475002772?mt=8
Ratings & Reviews
Better Than Expected! For Pro's and Beginner's....
What a cool concept, design and easy to use interface! For pro musicians and beginners, this thing may be changing the way we play What a cool concept, design and easy to use interface! For pro musicians and beginners, this thing may be changing the way we play live shows and write in the studio... all via Line 6 hardware and app, and our iPad's or iPhone's of course.
I really dig the tones, versatility and multi-uses for this device, and can't wait to put her to the test with some live gigs and rehearsal's soon.
Pro's- Easy to Use, Good tones, cool and easy to with out turn on/off effects. Great price for replacing big and heavy pedal boards... Quick and responsive, good for recording preproduction/writing/practice and small to regular sized gig situations.
Con's - 24 bit Audio, but not bad for a $100 device and app software, No XLR or USB output since it has ¼" output and mini HDMI out (proprietary cable). …
- Written by Carlos S from Encino
7 of 7 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Will it work with a first generation iPad 1? What iOS is not compatible.
- Asked by David S
- Feb 5, 2014
is it compatible with the Ipad Air?
- Asked by Carl B from Longueuil
- Feb 1, 2014
- Answered by Noble C from Dubai
- Feb 4, 2014