A continuous heart rate monitor you can wrap around your wrist, MIO Alpha collects and sends data wirelessly via Bluetooth to popular fitness apps such as MapMyRun, Runkeeper, and Strava on your iPhone. It's been tested accurate for performance cycling at any speed and has been tested accurate at running speeds of greater than 14.4 miles per hour.
Comfortable wrist band
Using patented technology from the research labs at Philips Electronics, the Alpha is totally unobtrusive and has no fiddly set-up or chest strap to slide down or chafe. Instead, you wear it on your wrist. This clever heart rate monitor has a soft, stretchable silicone wrist band that ensures a snug fit that won’t slow you down.
Optimise your workouts
Heart rate training is an effective tool for endurance athletes, allowing them to measure and control the intensity of their workouts. By making sure you’re always working within the correct heart rate zone, you’ll maximise your efforts and perform at your peak.
Alpha is a true scientific breakthrough as it uses technology proven accurate at rest in medical use in a form that is now robust enough for sport. Light beams and an electro-optical cell 'sense' the volume of blood under your skin. Sophisticated algorithms are applied to the pulse signal so that the heart’s true rhythm can be detected, even while running at performance speeds.
Alpha uses Bluetooth Smart (4.0) technology to connect to compatible devices to measure speed, distance and pace.
- Continuous heart rate display
- No chest strap needed
- User-settable heart rate zones with visual and audible alerts
- Designed for simplicity of use
- Data review (total exercise time; average heart rate; time “in zone”)
- Bluetooth Smart wireless transmitter
- Stretchable silicone wrist band with secure snap latching system for comfortable fit
- Negative dot-matrix LCD
- Tri-color LED heart rate zones
- Rechargeable battery, USB charging dock with magnetic alignment
- Works with top fitness apps including MapMyRun, Runkeeper, Strava and many more
- Connects to iPhone 5 or iPhone 4S
Did you notice?Sophisticated algorithms are applied to the pulse signal so MIO Alpha can detect your heart's true rhythm even while you're running at performance speeds.
Apple Recommends ForStay in the zone and run, cycle, and bike at your peak with heart rate monitoring on your favorite iPhone fitness app.
What's in the Box?
- MIO Alpha watch
- Charging dock
- Height: 102 mm
- Width: 102 mm
- Weight: 3.2 oz./90.72 g
- Length: 112 mm
- Mfr. Part Number: 53PWHT-INT
- UPC or EAN No.: 693472586617
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty: One year (For details, please visit http://www.mioglobal.com/pages/warranty-and-service)
1-800-854-3680 or Chat now
Ratings & Reviews
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
does it have a time feature like a regular watch?
- Asked by Seth W from Tyler
- Jun 9, 2014
I bought this for my wife and the answer is yes. The time is the default mode. You hold down a but I bought this for my wife and the answer is yes. The time is the default mode. You hold down a button to turn on the HR monitor. The battery will only run 8-10 hours in HR mode, but will run weeks (months, maybe years?) if you just have it in time mode. You place it on top of a simple usb charger to recharge. …
- Answered by Alexander M from Charlotte
- Jul 12, 2014
What wrist sizes will the MIO Alpha Heart Rate Monitor Watch fit?
- Asked by Angi M G from Preate
- May 15, 2014
Has anyone successfully paired it with Polar Loop? Both devices are BlueTooth Smart, so they should work together. Help would be appreciated.
- Asked by Barry L from Maple
- Mar 6, 2014
con i use it for swimming
- Asked by Tania P from Molendinar
- Jan 16, 2014
Yes it is water resistant. Not for diving but recommended for swimming!
- Answered by Lindsay V from Calgary
- Jan 29, 2014
Will it sync up with MyFitnessPal
- Asked by Barbara M from Lake Stevens
- Dec 22, 2013
Yes, it does. I use it all of the time.
- Answered by Jamaal C from San Diego
- Dec 27, 2013