OverviewKensington's Proximo app-enabled proximity monitoring system allows you to keep tabs on your iPhone, keys, and other essentials 24 hours a day. For example, Proximo will notify you with a customizable alarm the instant you get beyond a set distance from your iPhone. And once you have the Proximo Starter Kit, you can buy additional tags to keep, track, and get back up to five important items, such as your car, hand-bag, and more.
- Customize the sensitivity setting for each fob/tag to your current environment you
- Select high sensitivity to keep your valuables close, lower sensitivity for safer environments
- “Last Seen” feature on the Proximo app tells exactly when and where your left your tag-equipped valuables
- Fob alerts you with a 95 Decibel alarm if you leave your iPhone out of the custom range you set with the app
- Find your misplaced valuables with the “Find” feature on the Proximo app, which sounds an 84 decibel alarm on the tag
- Fob and tag have a six-month battery life
- Proximo app notifies you when the battery in fob or tag runs low
- Audible alarm on your iPhone will sound even if your iPhone is set to mute
- Attach the fob to your keychain so you can use the Proximo app on your iPhone to sound the fob's alarm and find your keys
Did you notice?Add up to five tags/fobs to your Proximo Dashboard, so you can manage multiple valuable devices from one app.
Apple Recommends ForAvoid losing your iPhone, while also keeping track of other valuables.
What's in the Box?
- Proximo Fob
- Proximo Tag
- Two #2032 batteries
- Small screwdriver for installing batteries int the fob and tag
- Two key rings
- Quick-start guide and warranty
- Height : 0.25 in./0.63 cm
- Width : 1.5 in./3.81 cm
- Mfr. Part Number : K39565US
- UPC or EAN No. : 085896395652
- Note : Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty : One year
- Be sure to launch the Proximo App so that it runs in the background, especially after powering down and restarting your iPhone.
Ratings & Reviews
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Someone takes my IPhone in Starbucks. I hear the alarm, but the thief is gone. I do not have a computer with me. How does Proximo help?
- Asked by Christopher W from Murrieta
- Mar 9, 2013
I've been using this for about a month now so hopefully I can answer your question.
This proximo product isn't a recovery device...it's not gps or 'find my iphone.'
The intent of proximo is to keep you from leaving your phone in a situation where a thief could pick it up in starbucks and walk out the door in the first place. If you're in a situation where you're afraid of this situation, you can adjust the sensitivity of proximo so that it warns you when you get even a few steps from your iphone.
if a thief does snag it when your back is turned and you're 2 steps away, when the alarm goes off it will go-off on both the iphone (in the theif's possession) and on the Fob/tag (in your possession). I suppose you will know who the theif is because there will be a very loud alarm coming from that person! I don't know how long the alarm stays on...but the theif might feel very uncomfortable with an iphone that doesn't stop alarming and just drop it to get away.
anyway, I hope this helps. In short, proximo is supposed to keep your phone on or near your person so a thief doesn't walk away with it to begin with. …
- Answered by Matthew T from Carlsbad
- Mar 19, 2013