The Tech21 Impact Mesh case is the ultimate impact protection design, fully integrated with D3O for your iPhone 5 or 5s. The D3O material provides a barrier between your iPhone and everyday accidents. If you should drop your iPhone, the molecules within D3O lock together upon impact, absorbing the energy and dispersing the energy away from it—so you have an added layer of durability.
- Fully Integrated Case with D3O military-grade impact protection material
- Dotted design offers sleek and minimalistic look
- Impact Mesh encases the corners and back of the iPhone 5 or 5s to provide a secure fit and feel
- Full access to all ports and function buttons
- Slim design ensures full protection without the bulk
- Fits iPhone 5 or 5s
- Raised screen bezel
Did you notice?D3O is a military-grade impact protection material.
Apple Recommends ForEnsure that your iPhone 5 or 5s stays as pristine as the day you purchased it.
What's in the Box?
- Tech21 Impact Mesh Case for iPhone 5/5s
- Form Factor: Snap On
- Material: TPU
- Height: 0.39 in./1 cm
- Width: 2.6 in./6.6 cm
- Weight: 0.81 oz./23 g
- Length: 5.16 in./13.11 cm
- Mfr. Part Number: PN: T21-2158
- UPC or EAN No.: 5055517311007
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty: One year from date of purchase
1-800-854-3680 or Chat now
Ratings & Reviews
Great Protective Case
I received this case a couple of days ago and it's my favorite so far. All parts of the phone are protected. I've been searchi I received this case a couple of days ago and it's my favorite so far. All parts of the phone are protected. I've been searching weeks for the perfect case that gives me protection and also not creating bulk. I got the pink case on a white iPhone and it looks great. …
- Written by LENORE B from Orlando
118 of 125 people found this useful
nice case, not at all bulky
Wanted to find a case that protected the whole phone. Tried on the one that had the clear plastic back, but then found this one t Wanted to find a case that protected the whole phone. Tried on the one that had the clear plastic back, but then found this one that protects the whole phone - it is also much less bulky than some of the cases, and it is very easy to put on and off and it also fits very well on the phone. I also got the pink one, but I may be back for another color later on. …
- Written by ellen D from lowell
44 of 46 people found this useful
Great durable case!
I bought this case when I upgraded to a white iPhone 5, and it was such a great buy. I love the feel of the case, which isn't slic I bought this case when I upgraded to a white iPhone 5, and it was such a great buy. I love the feel of the case, which isn't slick, it has a good grip to it. I love that the side, or as some refer to the bumper really protects all around the phone. Plus the fact that the case is a gelly type case it makes it easy to take on and off and clean easily. This case also doesn't add any bulk to the looks and weight which is also a plus. …
- Written by Estephany C from Austin
35 of 38 people found this useful
Great case, provides excellent protection and its not bulky. Yet it makes the lock button very hard to press.
- Written by Guadalupe R from Key Biscayne
2 of 2 people found this useful
Durable under an extreme situation!
I never write reviews, but after today I knew I had to. I love this case. It isn't bulky, and it feels secure. Today I accidentall I never write reviews, but after today I knew I had to. I love this case. It isn't bulky, and it feels secure. Today I accidentally dropped it out of a second story window, and believe it or not, you can't even tell! The case isn't even minorly scratched, and the phone is perfect. This is worth the money! …
- Written by Lindsay W from Maryville
3 of 3 people found this useful
Best slim bumper case!!
This is a great case for those who believe in style and protection. Pretty and very durable not heavy and bulky.
- Written by Tiffani J from Washington
4 of 5 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Does the color on the blue or pink version fade like with Speck cases? Should I just go for "smoke" to avoid discoloration?
- Asked by Vanessa R from Long Beach
- Feb 11, 2014
My friend's case is blue and has stayed true to color for 4 months. I have the smoke - ditto. Hope My friend's case is blue and has stayed true to color for 4 months. I have the smoke - ditto. Hope that helps! …
- Answered by Lauri S from Virginia Beach
- Feb 12, 2014
Does this case have the best protection of all cases one can buy for the iPhone5?
- Asked by Laurel R from Walnut Creek
- Mar 10, 2013
I have used otter box, life proof, ect. this case is in their class when actually dropping the phone I have used otter box, life proof, ect. this case is in their class when actually dropping the phone on cement...how do I know this, well I dropped mine getting out of my car slid down and hit hard and slid again and my phone and this case look untouched. If you want water proof or dust proof then go with another but if you want protection without bulk and instant port access give this case a try. …
- Answered by Tiffani J from Washington
- Oct 29, 2013
Will a tempered glass screen protector woe with my apple iPhone 6 case?
- Asked by Kishan G from North Wales
- Oct 2, 2014
Yes i use the iloome tempered glass screen protector and it fits perfectly with the case
- Answered by Thomas L from San Ramon
- Oct 19, 2014
do i need a screen protector for the Tech21 Impact Mesh Case for iPhone 5
- Asked by Adele L from Schenectady
- Aug 12, 2013
I always use a screen protector. Pretty cheap to prevent scratches. This case does not include one.
- Answered by Paula C from Aurora
- Sep 23, 2013
Does this case work with a tempered glass screen protector?
- Asked by Randy C from Aurora
- Feb 6, 2014
Yes. I have one on mine. ( :
- Answered by Lauri S from Virginia Beach
- Feb 12, 2014
does this protect the front and back of the iphone 5s from drops
- Asked by Lupe Y from Winston Salem
- Mar 12, 2014
Does it protect the back? From drops, no. Scratches, yes.
Does it protect the front? Yes, more than Does it protect the back? From drops, no. Scratches, yes.
Does it protect the front? Yes, more than the back. It has a raised bevel.
I had this case on my phone, and it fell from a height of about two-three feet, square on its back, onto a hardwood floor. It really wasn't a long hard fall at all, but a connector inside became partially dislodged, and only about a third of the touch screen worked. Also, the screen displayed weird lines and was distorted as a result of the fall.
I love this case, but buyer beware, if your phone falls flat on it's back, it's likely to get damaged. Apple DID cover this for me (thankfully) under Applecare, but I can't guarantee you'll be as lucky. I have had many drops before and after that incident, and never had any other issues.
The sides of this case are awesome, and make the case bounce like a bouncy ball when struck on it's side. Definitely does a good job dispersing the energy of a hard drop on a corner. Despite the one time it didn't save my phone, (I'm not sure what case could have) I love it. …
- Answered by Carter B from Purcellville
- May 21, 2014