Speck’s SmartShell case keeps your MacBook protected with its super-thin and lightweight two-piece design. A rich color haze (Blue, Purple, and Hot Lips Pink models) or bold glowing edge effect (Green, Yellow, and Sunrise Pink models) lets you show off your unique style, while the glossy finish lets your Mac’s design shine through. Anti-tip feet keep your MacBook stable and secure.
- Rich color haze or bold glowing edge effect—depending on which color you select
- Durable, ultra-thin hard shell protects from scratches and scuffs
- Sleek, glossy two-piece design is easy to put on and take off
- Anti-tilt rubberized feet keep your MacBook stable and secure
Did you notice?The striking color effects let the fine design of your MacBook—and the Apple logo—shine through.
Apple Recommends ForHard-shell protection that keeps your MacBook light on its feet.
What's in the Box?
- Speck SmartShell Case for MacBook
- Form Factor: Hard Case,Snap On
- Material: Hard Plastic
- Mfr. Part Number: SPK-A1944
- UPC or EAN No.: 848709000743
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty: One year (For details, please visit http://www.speckproducts.com/warranty-returns)
Ratings & Reviews
Just bought for Fall 2013 15" Macbook Pro with Retina Display
After a useless chat with Apple on line, I decided to go to the store to see if the old covers would fit on the brand new Macbook After a useless chat with Apple on line, I decided to go to the store to see if the old covers would fit on the brand new Macbook pros. The store was busy and no one seemed to know if the new MBP was thinner. The sales guy at Apple told me to just take it out of the box and try it on one of the new MBP's in the store. It seemed to fit.
Anyway, store was so busy, had to come back mother day to pay and check old and new thickness on line. It turns out the new and old MBP's 15" are the same thickness, so I could in fact buy the Speck cover. I bought it in a lovely burgundy color and it fits perfectly. My only complaint, and keep in kind I have only had the cover for 24 hours is that like all covers, it seems to become "blade like" where one would rest their wrists when typing. It's not that bad, but slightly annoying.
Other than that, it fits well and snapped into place. Fingerprints will show on the cover since it is a bit glossy, but looks good overall. Not sure if it is worth $50 for 25 cents worth of plastic, but whatever. …
- Written by Caroline N from Toronto
3 of 3 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
does this case fit the new macbook pro retina 13" late 2013 model
- Asked by Fraser P
- Oct 23, 2013
I recently purchased a new macbook retina and speck case. The top part that connects to the display I recently purchased a new macbook retina and speck case. The top part that connects to the display fits like a glove. However the bottom part with the main body of the keyboard is a little loose. I think this is due to the fact that new new MBPr is 1mm thinner than the earlier model. I'm considering returning the speck case tomorrow in to wait for the new MBPr case. …
- Answered by Lucia S from Seekonk
- Oct 24, 2013
If I purchase this item online and end up not liking it could I return it in store?
- Asked by Jasmine G from Calgary
- Nov 20, 2013
No answers yet
Does this fit the new (Oct 2013) macbook pro 13"?
- Asked by Rachel R
- Oct 25, 2013
Yes. I received my case yesterday, for the Oct 2013 13" MacBook Pro with retina, and it fits perfect Yes. I received my case yesterday, for the Oct 2013 13" MacBook Pro with retina, and it fits perfectly. If you have a 13" MacBook Pro without retina, you just need to select that option.
I actually contacted Speck when I bought mine, and they said they had done fit tests for the new MacBook Pro models with the cases sold in the Apple store. …
- Answered by Amy S
- Nov 8, 2013
is it ruberized like o just plain soft plastic?
- Asked by Julian A from Queretaro
- Aug 21, 2013
the bottom feet are rubberized but the rest of the case is like a hard but thing acrylic.
- Answered by Nicole H from Loretto
- Aug 25, 2013