Speck’s SmartShell Case perfectly matches the sleek, lightweight design of your MacBook. This super-slim glossy hard case is precision-engineered for a perfect fit. And for a striking appearance, each case offers rich color and a striking glossy finish that lets you show off your unique style—while allowing your Mac’s design shine through. Anti-tip feet keep your MacBook stable and secure.
- Durable, ultra-thin hard shell protects from scratches and scuffs
- Sleek, glossy two-piece design is easy to put on and take off
- Anti-tilt rubberized feet keep your MacBook stable and secure
Did you notice?The striking color effects let the fine design of your MacBook—and the Apple logo—shine through.
Apple Recommends ForHard-shell protection that keeps your MacBook light on its feet.
What's in the Box?
- Speck SmartShell Case for MacBook
- Form Factor: Hard Case,Snap On
- Material: Hard Plastic
- Mfr. Part Number: SPK-A1940
- UPC or EAN No.: 848709000705
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty: One year (For details, please visit http://www.speckproducts.com/warranty-returns)
Ratings & Reviews
Bad case. Don't waste your money.
I spent fifty dollars on this case in an Apple retail store and the bottom sides of the case (all four sides) have cracked and bro I spent fifty dollars on this case in an Apple retail store and the bottom sides of the case (all four sides) have cracked and broken off into pieces to the point that the bottom portion of the case won't even stay on. I haven't even had it 2 1/2 months. Terrible. It's not Apple's fault.. it's the speck manufacturer, but still. Don't waste your money. …
- Written by Dakota T from Griffin
1 of 1 people found this useful
Perfect - Hot Pink
such a Beautiful case. Impressed will be ordering a few more cases. If you love Hot Pink - you will love the Hot Pink. I have the such a Beautiful case. Impressed will be ordering a few more cases. If you love Hot Pink - you will love the Hot Pink. I have the raspberry case -- they look very alike - but they are totally different - the raspberry is more like a red & in some lights Pink.. But the new macBook cases - this is 110000% hot pink. The case is beautiful - the type of pink l really wanted - This case is beautiful. It came pretty quick. Looking forward to trying other colours. Apple you are the best - and spec you are the best. Got no complaints. Bin using these cases since l 1st got me MacBook and have had no issues - as long as you are careful you won't damage you're MacBook Pro - just take care and u should be ok. Such a beautiful case - Totally made up . I love the hot pink and Raspberry - I have me iPhone case which is made by speck again. Every product is amazing ... love it ,love it. …
- Written by Amanda Jane M from liverpool
63 of 81 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
does this case fit the new macbook pro retina 13" late 2013 model
- Asked by Fraser P
- Oct 23, 2013
I recently purchased a new macbook retina and speck case. The top part that connects to the display I recently purchased a new macbook retina and speck case. The top part that connects to the display fits like a glove. However the bottom part with the main body of the keyboard is a little loose. I think this is due to the fact that new new MBPr is 1mm thinner than the earlier model. I'm considering returning the speck case tomorrow in to wait for the new MBPr case. …
- Answered by Lucia S from Seekonk
- Oct 24, 2013
do speck smartshell case put scratch on laptop while yo taking off or putting back on
- Asked by Beant B from Mission
- Dec 18, 2013
No answers yet
If I purchase this item online and end up not liking it could I return it in store?
- Asked by Jasmine G from Calgary
- Nov 20, 2013
No answers yet
Does this fit the new (Oct 2013) macbook pro 13"?
- Asked by Rachel R
- Oct 25, 2013
Yes. I received my case yesterday, for the Oct 2013 13" MacBook Pro with retina, and it fits perfect Yes. I received my case yesterday, for the Oct 2013 13" MacBook Pro with retina, and it fits perfectly. If you have a 13" MacBook Pro without retina, you just need to select that option.
I actually contacted Speck when I bought mine, and they said they had done fit tests for the new MacBook Pro models with the cases sold in the Apple store. …
- Answered by Amy S
- Nov 8, 2013
is it ruberized like o just plain soft plastic?
- Asked by Julian A from Queretaro
- Aug 21, 2013
the bottom feet are rubberized but the rest of the case is like a hard but thing acrylic.
- Answered by Nicole H from Loretto
- Aug 25, 2013