Logitech's Bluetooth Easy-Switch Keyboard features sharp, bright illumination that automatically adjusts to any light. Along with its brushed aluminum finish and minimalist size, it offers Logitech easy switching Bluetooth technology. At the touch of a button, you can quickly change between typing a document on your Mac or writing an email on your iPad or replying to a text on your iPhone. And to recharge, simply plug in the USB cable and recharge even while you work. The unique Logitech key design means you'll enjoy comfortable, whisper-quiet typing hour after hour.
- One touch easy-switch Bluetooth buttons let you toggle back and forth from typing on your Mac, iPad, or iPhone
- Reliable 30 feet (10 meters) wireless connection to your compatible Bluetooth-enabled devices
- Bright, sharp backlit characters that are easy read in low light or even in the dark Auto-adjusting illumination dims or brightens to the optimal level based on amount of light in the room
- Built-in proximity detection turns illumination on when your hands approach the keyboard
- Real aluminum finish and low-profile keys; ultra-thin, minimalist size
- Unique Logitech keycap design for comfortable, whisper-quiet typing hour after hour
- Roomy keyboard with full-size keys for easier typing
- USB cable for recharging even when you're typing
- A full charge provides a minimum of 10 days and maximum of one year battery power
- On/Off switch on the right side panel helps you conserve power when the keyboard is not in use
- Battery indicator light turns red when you need to power up and green when the keyboard is charging
Did you notice?A full charge provides a minimum of 10 days and maximum of one year battery power, depending on the intensity of illumination and time spent typing.
Apple Recommends ForUse one super-comfortable keyboard to toggle back and forth between your Bluetooth-enabled devices—Mac, iPad, or iPhone.
What's in the Box?
- Logitech Bluetooth Easy-Switch Keyboard
- USB charging cable
- User documentation
- Connections: Bluetooth 2.0
- Batteries: Rechargeable Lithium-Ion
- Height: 0.45 in./1.14 cm
- Width: 5.06 in./12.85 cm
- Weight: 13.58 oz./384.99 g
- Length: 11.43 in./29.03 cm
- Mac OS X v10.6.8 or later
- Mfr. Part Number: 920-004161
- UPC or EAN No.: 097855088390
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty: Three-year limited hardware warranty
Ratings & Reviews
I just brought it and I'm typing this review using this keyboard. It is easy to use and it is basically plug and play. It maybe he I just brought it and I'm typing this review using this keyboard. It is easy to use and it is basically plug and play. It maybe helpful if the keyboard can actually change layout automatically the when it connects boot camp. It is easy to type and it take no effort to type on as the keys are designed well. Good job Logitech. …
- Written by Timothy C from Hong Kong
131 of 144 people found this useful
I can type on my mac, my iPad and on my phone, all both, all w/ just one keyboard and a single stroke.
This is a def. buy for s I can type on my mac, my iPad and on my phone, all both, all w/ just one keyboard and a single stroke.
This is a def. buy for sure, you'll be glad you did! …
- Written by Jarod T from San Antonio
88 of 96 people found this useful
Using it with my iPad as I type right now!
I originally wanted a keyboard for my computer because I got in a bad car accident and my computer was throw from the vehicle resu I originally wanted a keyboard for my computer because I got in a bad car accident and my computer was throw from the vehicle resulting in half of the buttons falling off. I went to best buy not expecting anything fancy but when I read what this laptop could do I bought it and tried it in the store just in case I needed to return it.
I set up both my laptop and iPad at the same time and it worked flawlessly! I was able to switch from one device to the other with just a click of a button! It does take about 2-3 seconds for it to to connect when switching, but who complains about that?!
The cool thing I noticed about this keyboard is that it is touch and hover activated! If you touch it or even hover your hands over it, it lights up! If you take your hands away after 5 seconds it goes into power saving mode.
It also matches the MacBook Air and Pros perfectly with its metally-silver and black design. It is also small and light and would fit into just about every bag or laptop case.
It is rechargeable and comes with a cord, but since I have taken it out of the box I haven't had to charge it yet and I have gotten at least two hours of use all together and it hasn't died on me. When I do plug it in however, it does still work to use and type on.
So far I am super glad that I bought this key board, If I have any issues I will be sure to log on and update my review. Hope this helps! Enjoy! …
- Written by Constance B from antioch
93 of 107 people found this useful
A great keyboard
This is a great keyboard. High quality materials, good battery life, great typing experience. Once you have them set up it's a bre This is a great keyboard. High quality materials, good battery life, great typing experience. Once you have them set up it's a breeze to swap between bluetooth hosts. iOS devices switch almost instantaneously, OSX is a bit slower but it's not painful. …
- Written by Kevin D from Columbus
1 of 2 people found this useful
Almost works perfect
It is a great keyboard to type on, does easily switch between my iMac, iPhone, and iPad. I like the lighted keys and the battery, It is a great keyboard to type on, does easily switch between my iMac, iPhone, and iPad. I like the lighted keys and the battery, which charges from USB, lasts a LONG time.
The downside is that Logitech software, the preference manager is useless and adds little value. My biggest issue with this keyboard is that it will NOT invoke Target Display Mode for my iMac, which means I have to keep my other Apple keyboard around for when I need that. Logitech does not seem to be able to fix the problem. So, there may be other compatibility issues that I have not encountered yet.
As I said though, it is much smoother to type on then Apples keyboard, which I could never warm up to. …
- Written by STEWART M from Aiken
3 of 4 people found this useful
Easy to use keyboard, fast switching
The Logitech K811 really does switch easily. Size wise, the keyboard is roughly the same as any Apple Keyboard, getting used to it The Logitech K811 really does switch easily. Size wise, the keyboard is roughly the same as any Apple Keyboard, getting used to it was a matter of minutes, not days. The keys give a nice, solid feedback, quite similar to the keyboards from Apple. Quick controls on the top for volume, play/pause and backlight settings make this keyboard easy to use. An added 'home button' key on the 5th function key also makes this easy to use on iDevices.
Switching from a MacBook Pro to iPhone 5, as I do daily, usually takes no more then a second and a half. A simple tap on the top left keys instantly switches the source. Switching often doesn't really seem to affect battery usage all that much. Using this keyboard for 8 hours at work and a couple of hours at home every day, alternating between MacBook and iPhone, I can go several days without charging.
Another feature of this keyboard is the backlight. It's somewhat similar to the MacBook Pro keyboard backlight. A sensor in the top near the Logitech logo senses light and when it gets dark, the backlight turns on. (unless you turn it off manually) During the day, you don't need backlight and during the evening, I usually turn it off, to save some power, but it's there when you need it, just like the MacBook Pro/Air keyboards. It's a nice bonus.
Combined with a Apple Magic Trackpad/Mouse, this is a great keyboard for Macs. By itself, this Logitech K811 will definitely speed up replying to those emails on your iDevice in the train or in a traffic jam. (The CMD + Shift + D shortcut works great on your iPhone for sending an email, just like it does on your Mac!) …
- Written by W.D. B from Hoorn
2 of 3 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Is it bright enough for a person with low vision? I am looking for a keyboard for someone whose eyesight is deteriorating.
- Asked by Roberta G from Palos Verdes Estates
- Jun 1, 2014
Can I use it to type Chinese characters in Apple TV search?
- Asked by Pinhao Q from Pleasanton
- May 16, 2014
Can Bluetooth keyboard using ipad 2 be used for manuscript typing?
- Asked by Steve S from Bloomington
- Mar 16, 2014
Apple TV compatible?
- Asked by Ivan O from Hove
- Nov 19, 2013
Yes, it's Apple TV compatible. If you don't want to use the remote app on your iPhone or iPad, you c Yes, it's Apple TV compatible. If you don't want to use the remote app on your iPhone or iPad, you can sync the apple tv to this keyboard as one of the 3 devices. …
- Answered by Lucas R from Deltona
- Nov 27, 2013
is this compatible with the ipad mini
- Asked by Roy Q from San Francisco
- Oct 15, 2013
Yes it is. I own both and they work fine together.
- Answered by Lindsey L
- Nov 6, 2013
Can the bluetooth switching be programmed to work with any bluetooth device? For Example, My MBA, Win 7 Based PC and my Android Tablet.
- Asked by David R from Wilsonville
- Jun 7, 2013
Yes; if it can pair with a device and the device can accept keyboard input then it can switch betwee Yes; if it can pair with a device and the device can accept keyboard input then it can switch between 3 devices; there's also the near-identical one slightly more tweaked for Windows, the K810. …
- Answered by Chris R from Goonellabah
- Jul 11, 2013