Speck 13" SmartShell Satin Case for MacBook Pro with Retina Display
Speck 13" SmartShell Satin Case for MacBook Pro with Retina Display
Speck’s SmartShell case keeps your MacBook protected with its super-thin and lightweight two-piece design. A rich color haze (Blue, Purple, and Hot Lips Pink models) or bold glowing edge effect (Green, Yellow, and Sunrise Pink models) lets you show off your unique style, while the glossy finish lets your Mac’s design shine through. Anti-tip feet keep your MacBook stable and secure.
- Durable, ultra-thin (1.5mm) hard shell protects from scratches and scuffs
- Sleek, matte two-piece design is easy to put on and take off
- Anti-tilt rubberized feet keep your MacBook stable and secure
Did you notice?The Apple logo shines through the soft-touch frosted finish.
Apple Recommends ForHard-shell protection that keeps your MacBook light on its feet.
What's in the Box?
- Speck SmartShell Satin Case for MacBook
- Form Factor: Hard Case, Snap On
- Material: Hard Plastic
- Mfr. Part Number: SPK-A2395
- UPC or EAN No.: 848709005236
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty: One year (For details, please visit http://www.speckproducts.com/warranty-returns)
- Speck recommends cleaning your case before you put it on your MacBook and then once a month thereafter to avoid any build-up of dust or dirt. Simply wipe it with a soft, clean cloth or rinse with warm, soapy water. Before re-applying the case, make sure it’s completely dry—and also wipe down your Mac to remove any dust or particles.
Ratings & Reviews
Speck 13' SmartShell Case
I've used this case since the first day that I bought my macbook which was almost a year from now. I've had no problems with it, a I've used this case since the first day that I bought my macbook which was almost a year from now. I've had no problems with it, and I thought that everything was perfect...until about 5 days ago I decided to take off the cover to see if there was any dust. I was expecting to find dust, NOT mold! These Speck cases are not compatible with the aluminum on Mac's. There are permanent markings and scribbled looking engravings from....I don't even know what, but it was definitely not from me. I looks like some type of acid reaction? There were also white spots all over (top and bottom), from the mold. I did some research and found that another person had the same problem as I have using the Speck Case. I thought that paying the $50 and putting this case on my computer would keep it from getting permanent markings and damage, but oh boy was I wrong! Now I have markings all over, and I'm super upset. Apple should not sell a product that is not compatible with their own. I would recommend getting just a traditional bag or pouch with a zip so your Mac can breathe, instead of buying this case. It's way cheaper and safer for your laptop. Who knows, maybe I am the only one experiencing this...but I know for sure that I'm not using my Speck case again! …
- Written by Mynue H from Green Bay
700 of 745 people found this useful
I spent around $50 for this case, I thought it would be the best for my new mac. Recently I discovered MOLD on the case and my lap I spent around $50 for this case, I thought it would be the best for my new mac. Recently I discovered MOLD on the case and my laptop! Not only was there mold, but some sort of reaction has left dents in my laptop! …
- Written by sumayyah B from houston
392 of 427 people found this useful
DO NOT GET THIS CASE!!
i've had this case for about 4 years now and i go to open it and what do i find? MOLD! But not any kind or mold, BLACK MOLD!! I en i've had this case for about 4 years now and i go to open it and what do i find? MOLD! But not any kind or mold, BLACK MOLD!! I ended up having to throw away my whole computer and case because the mold started seeping through my computer and it was in my screen. my computer was all messed up... so please listen to my advice when i say.... DO NOT GET THIS KIND OF CASE!!! …
- Written by Amanda B from Hallandale Beach
364 of 393 people found this useful
I got this case about 3 weeks ago when I brought my first macbook. It fits very well on my computer and feels great. I got it in b I got this case about 3 weeks ago when I brought my first macbook. It fits very well on my computer and feels great. I got it in black and you can actually still see the apple sign when it lights up. …
- Written by Alexis S from Columbus
Good, but be CAREFUL!!
I bought this to protect my MacBook Pro fron scratches. However, when I put it on, the snap scratched the corner of the computer. I bought this to protect my MacBook Pro fron scratches. However, when I put it on, the snap scratched the corner of the computer. Also, if you take it off, be careful! It scratches the surface if the Mac very easily!! …
- Written by Mallin H from Allen
Looks sharp. However,
I recently purchased this case for my -Late 2014 MBP Retina 13 inch (A1502) and it fits very well. However, I have not attempted t I recently purchased this case for my -Late 2014 MBP Retina 13 inch (A1502) and it fits very well. However, I have not attempted to remove the case but I am certain that it will be a little difficult because of the hinges. With that being said, I rate my case four out of five stars. It feels nice and looks very sharp. Although removing it may be a bit of a challenge, I would still highly recommend this product to others. …
- Written by VERONICA L from Lincoln Park
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Will this fit my Macbook Pro 13-inch, Mid 2012 model ?
- Asked by Jiovany R from Gainesville
- Jun 20, 2014
im i recommended to use something to cool down my laptop if I use a shell case
- Asked by Jean-laurent B
- Aug 6, 2014
This case has holes where the fans are in the RMBP.
- Answered by Veronica L from Lincoln Park
- Sep 5, 2014
the case was made by hard plastic so, does this case hurm to macbook? could you tell me please, this case scratches macbook?
- Asked by Serkan Y
- Oct 31, 2013
Will this fit the latest 13" retina display macbook pro, the one with the haswell chip?
- Asked by Jake J
- Nov 11, 2013
Yes. I just picked one up and it snapped right on. The lid portion fits a lot more snug than the bot Yes. I just picked one up and it snapped right on. The lid portion fits a lot more snug than the bottom. I haven't seen one on the older model but I may return it because its bugging me to have a slight creaking sound when I pick it up with one hand (when open) and I feel it slightly moving/detaching. It might be a good idea to keep it for the long term protection but the slight weight increase is noticeable when the Pros are so light now days. All that said, I can't imagine another brand would be better at this issue, it seems to be a function of this type of cover. …
- Answered by Chris H from Lehi
- Nov 12, 2013