Speck’s SmartShell Case perfectly matches the sleek, lightweight design of your MacBook. This super-slim glossy hard case is precision-engineered for a perfect fit. And for a striking appearance, each case offers rich color and a striking glossy finish that lets you show off your unique style—while allowing your Mac’s design shine through. Anti-tip feet keep your MacBook stable and secure.
- Durable, ultra-thin hard shell protects from scratches and scuffs
- Sleek, glossy two-piece design is easy to put on and take off
- Anti-tilt rubberized feet keep your MacBook stable and secure
Did you notice?The striking color effects let the fine design of your MacBook—and the Apple logo—shine through.
Apple Recommends ForHard-shell protection that keeps your MacBook light on its feet.
What's in the Box?
- Speck SmartShell Case for MacBook
- Form Factor: Hard Case, Snap On
- Material: Hard Plastic
- Mfr. Part Number: SPK-A2401
- UPC or EAN No.: 848709005298
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty: One year (For details, please visit http://www.speckproducts.com/warranty-returns)
- Speck recommends cleaning your case before you put it on your MacBook and then once a month thereafter to avoid any build-up of dust or dirt. Simply wipe it with a soft, clean cloth or rinse with warm, soapy water. Before re-applying the case, make sure it’s completely dry—and also wipe down your Mac to remove any dust or particles.
Ratings & Reviews
Like A Glove
I bought this product a couple weeks ago and i am impressed with it so far. I wanted something on my macbook pro retina to protect I bought this product a couple weeks ago and i am impressed with it so far. I wanted something on my macbook pro retina to protect from simple scratches. The reason why i like this case is because its clear (see through) i like the look of the mac the way it is. I have also read that you need to watch out for hard cases because they can scratch your machine because dirt and debris can get in between your computer and the case. While some lint and small particles do get in there, all you gotta do is periodically take off the case and wipe down your computer. The case pops on and off with out damaging or scratching the computer. Overall i would defiantly recommend this product if your on the market for a slim sleek case for your new macbook pro retina 13 inch. …
- Written by keith C from coventry
119 of 124 people found this useful
Does what it's suppose to, protect from scratches. It did exactly that when i dropped one of my tools on it. Scratched the case bu Does what it's suppose to, protect from scratches. It did exactly that when i dropped one of my tools on it. Scratched the case but not the mac. Worth every penny! …
- Written by Darko P from Etobicoke
71 of 75 people found this useful
I just bought my new Macbook Pro with retina and this case is the best thing i could have bought. It fits just like a glove and is I just bought my new Macbook Pro with retina and this case is the best thing i could have bought. It fits just like a glove and is so good on the eyes. Please get this if you have a macbook pro. …
- Written by Jennie U from Inglewood
70 of 76 people found this useful
Worth the Money
This case fits well and looks great. Also, it already protected my new laptop from getting scratched up and the case is still in g This case fits well and looks great. Also, it already protected my new laptop from getting scratched up and the case is still in great condition. …
- Written by Portia Smith D from Fountain Inn
super happy, 4 years later
I bought my speck case the day my computer arrived in March, 2010. To this day, my computer looks brand new when I take the case o I bought my speck case the day my computer arrived in March, 2010. To this day, my computer looks brand new when I take the case off. I have carried it from Berlin to Mexico to all over the US, thrown in a backpack, it's fallen off my bed and the couch an embarrassing number of times. Sure the case has some scratches, but they're pretty minor and not one crack. Finally in the last year, the little plastic tab that pushes the battery light broke off, but I'm amazed it lasted as long as it did. I'm confused about the bad reviews because this was the smartest thing I could do to take care of my best electronic buddy. And it's pretty :) …
- Written by Katherine M from Boise
Absurd Price, but it Does the Job!
I've had the clear case for a few weeks. It's beautiful! It prevents scratches and doesn't show any fingerprints. If you do scr I've had the clear case for a few weeks. It's beautiful! It prevents scratches and doesn't show any fingerprints. If you do scratch it, however, there is a chance it'll show (so you still need to be careful).
The price is too high for what it's worth. Don't let the name "SmartShell" make you think it's fancy (it's a marketing trap). It's just a piece of plastic.
I also wouldn't suggest getting the colored cases. They look really cheap (but that's just my opinion) once you put them on. I almost bought a real one, but after I tried it on my Macbook before buying, I realized it looked completely cheap. I personally suggest getting clear or black. …
- Written by Jason P
1 of 2 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
is this pink or purple??
- Asked by Tina G from Ocean Ridge
- Jul 2, 2014
its haze purple, sadly not pink like it looks
- Answered by Louise H
- Jul 8, 2014
Will the top and bottom piece fit the late 2013 (October) MacBook pro 15 with retina?
- Asked by Krishneel D from Surrey
- Apr 24, 2014
Not this case as it is for 13in MBP retina. There is one for the 15in MBP retina that should fit jus Not this case as it is for 13in MBP retina. There is one for the 15in MBP retina that should fit just fine …
- Answered by Dale K from Petawawa
- Apr 30, 2014
Does anyone know if the "orange" color option is actually orange as the picture shows? The one from Speck.com is Sunset Pink
- Asked by Kayla C from Houston
- May 2, 2014
I have oder this ' orange" case ,but got " WILD PINK SALMON" instead of "ORANGE", which I returned, I have oder this ' orange" case ,but got " WILD PINK SALMON" instead of "ORANGE", which I returned, because its not orange at all !! I don't know was it mistake or its a color of this case. I am still want to get orange case,if you ll get any information, please let now. …
- Answered by Tatiana Z from Sunny Isles Beach
- May 5, 2014
Does the smartshell case on the macbook lead to the macbook overheating and/or prevent it from cooling if it starts to overheat??
- Asked by Betsy C from Centreville
- Nov 23, 2012
It doesn't directly lead to overheating.. I'm still able to use it on a day-to-day basis with no pro It doesn't directly lead to overheating.. I'm still able to use it on a day-to-day basis with no problems.. Its just that theres an increase CHANCE of it heating up (not overheating) if you do something intensive...
In terms of cooling.. as it is plastic if the laptop is hot it will take longer to cool down as plastic retains heat.. but it will cool overtime.. …
- Answered by Alvi C
- Dec 2, 2012
Is the Jade colour actually blue? It shows up as a teal (jade) colour on the Apple Store app but on the website it looks more of a light blue colour
- Asked by Kelsey F from Niagara Falls
- May 5, 2014
Does the apple logo symbol show through in the grey case?
- Asked by Kylie M from Apex
- Apr 26, 2014
Yes, it shows through all the cases even the satin black one, especially when the screen is on (the Yes, it shows through all the cases even the satin black one, especially when the screen is on (the screen backlight lights the apple logo). …
- Answered by Teal K from Dallas
- May 4, 2014