OverviewIdeal for the space-constrained home office, the Epson WorkForce WF-2540 is a fast, high-performance all-in-one that offers affordable, individual ink cartridges and a space saving, compact design—the smallest in its class. It's also AirPrint enabled for easy printing from your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch. Featuring a 2.5-inch LCD for easy navigation, the WF-2540 saves time with fast speeds of up to 9 ISO ppm* (black) and 4.7 ISO ppm* (color), plus a convenient, 30-page Automatic Document Feeder. The WF-2540 comes with both wired and built-in wireless connectivity for easy setup and sharing on your network.
- AirPrint-enabled for instant wireless printing of photos, email, web pages, and documents from iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch
- Smallest footprint in its class, so you can save space in your home office without compromising performance
- Built-in wireless and Ethernet networking allows everyone to share the printer
- Easy navigation through functions with 2.5-inch LCD
- Affordable individual ink cartridges—replace only the color you need
- 30-page Auto Document Feeder to quickly copy, scan, or fax stacks of originals
- Easy sharing and file transfers via built-in USB port
- High-speed faxing in black and color—as fast as three seconds per page*
- Speed dial storage up to 60 numbers; fax memory up to 180 pages
Did you notice?You can print wirelessly from your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch via AirPrint. No drivers to install—just make a few taps and print.
Apple Recommends ForSmall offices, entrepreneurs, and space-constrained home offices that want all-in-one functionality in a space-saving design.
What's in the Box?
- Epson WorkForce WF-2540 all-in-one printer
- Instruction booklets
- CD-ROM with drivers and bonus software
- Power cord
- Telephone cord
- Four DuraBrite ink cartridges
- Color resolution : Maximum 5760 by 1440 optimized dpi
- Connections : AirPrint ,Ethernet,USB 2.0,Wireless
- Height : 8.7 in./22.1 cm
- Width : 15.4 in./39.12 cm
- Weight : 13 lb./5.9 kg
- Mac OS X v10.5, v10.6, v10.7, v10.8.
- Windows 7/Vista/XP/XP x64
- Mfr. Part Number : C11CC36201
- UPC or EAN No. : 010343889446
- Note : Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty : One-year limited
- *Print speeds vary with usage.
Ratings & Reviews
Got printer in today it was easy to set up on my mac desktop and mac laptop and prints from my IPhone and iPad!
- Written by ryan V from Lehi
309 of 348 people found this useful
Great for home use
I purchased the printer on February 11, so here's my "48-hour old" review. I closely followed the directions and had it setup and running in less than 15 minutes...it worked flawlessly right out of the box. It easily connected to my home network and I then installed it wirelessly as the default printer on an iMac, MacBook and MacBook Air. In each instance it printed a test page the first time. I was also able to print from an iPhone and an iPad. I haven't used the fax yet, but I did scan a document as a PDF to my iMac. I had a minor problem installing the cartridges, but only because the space is a bit cramped and I have large hands. At this stage, I'd recommend it to a friend. …
- Written by Stephen G from Arlington
87 of 99 people found this useful
Outstanding Printer for MacBook Pro
Works flawlessly with my MacBook Pro.
Easy wireless configuration. Up and printing in 10 minutes.
Recommen d ordering high capacity replacement cartridges. …
- Written by Steven M from Paso Robles
65 of 68 people found this useful
Easiest Setup Ever!
I purchased this printer several days ago. After unpacking the printer, within 10 minutes the printer was connected to my wireless network. No problems at all. No wires. Get the Epson iPrint app to access other printer functions from your iphone etc. Works great with my iPhone for printing and scanning documents. …
- Written by Douglas K from New Britain
Perfect for small business!
My favorite thing about this printer would have to be the ability to print remotely. I can be driving back to the office, load the document in the Epson iPrint app and send it to the printer and pick it up when I arrive. This has saved me literally 20-30 minutes each time I print something.
The settings on this thing are astounding. I love that I can scan to email addresses, or even DropBox. It makes sending the scanned files easy.
Other reviews have said it's loud, which I'm not sure if that's true, I have it in a closet because there's really no reason for me to have it out anymore: I don't need to plug it into my laptop, I don't need it sitting on my desk taking up space.
My only beef, I guess, is that the scanning is a bit slow. Sure you can load 30 docs into the page feed, but holy cow that would take forever to scan. It's really not a big enough problem to dock this awesome life and business saving printer a whole star. …
- Written by Kayla S from Star
4 of 4 people found this useful
good and bad
The bad part about this printer is that it is a major pain to set up to use all the features. By this I don't mean plugging in the cables. I mean getting it to work using the EpsonConnect service.
The software CD that comes with the printer includes the 'basic' software you need to use the printer with your computer, but for some strange reason does NOT include the software needed to use EpsonConnect. You have to go to the Epson website and download that. I'm sorry, but to me, that's a bit stupid.
However, once I did get the printer set up, I discovered some of the very cool features it has; one of which is what is called 'scan to cloud'. This is a very cool feature with the exception that it does NOT support Apple's iCloud. I really hope they remedy this very soon.
All things considered though, this is a very cool printer, I like the expanded wifi features such as iPrint and AirPrint. But I think the scan to cloud feature is the one thing I'll use the most. It is a good printer for the price. …
- Written by Tory W from LOS OSOS
6 of 7 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
- Asked by Krystle H from Reno
- Apr 12, 2013
No answers yet
- Asked by Peter E from Kitchener
- Feb 11, 2013
Very good question. I have an Epson that won't. Seems like a silly flaw in the software that won't let you by-pass the "replace ink" settings to use the other functions. …
- Answered by Apple C from Gibsons
- Mar 20, 2013
Which printer does Apple recommend for an Ipad2, Iphone 4S, and MacBook Pro 15.4 " Retina. We have a wireless network here in Florida.
- Asked by Richard D from Moline
- Apr 7, 2013
No answers yet
- Asked by Gail M from Sweet
- Jan 13, 2013
Yes, you need a land line (according to the Apple Store)
- Answered by Laurie M from Clayton
- Jan 14, 2013
YES it does, Per Epson specifications
•Automatic reduction and enlargement (25 – 400%)
- Answered by Cesar Q from Tampa
- Jan 8, 2013