The Twelve South BookBook for iPhone 5 is a handsome hybrid case that provides one place for your iPhone and the contents of your wallet. This pocket-size book also protects your iPhone in two ways. Hard-back book covers shield against bumps and bruises, while the unique visual design disguises your wallet and phone.
Slip your driver's license, bank cards, and a little cash into the right side of BookBook, then snap your iPhone 5 into the leather wrapped frame on the opposite side and the story is complete. Grab your keys, BookBook, and head out the door.
Get the most out of iPhone 5
Tailored exclusively for your iPhone 5, Book Book has a built-in camera hole that lets you easily snap photos with the iSight camera or shoot stunning HD videos. BookBook's snap-in frame allows edge-to-edge access to all four inches of the Retina display. You also have easy access to all buttons and ports.
- Pocket-size book marries a wallet and case for iPhone
- Genuine leather case is tailored to fit iPhone 5
- Built-in camera hole for taking photos and video
- Snap in frame allows edge-to-edge access to Retina display
- ID window with convenient thumb slide
- Three credit/debit card slots, an ID slot, and one for cash/receipts
- Hand-distressed so no two are exactly alike
Did you notice?Hand distressing gives each BookBook case for iPhone a finish unlike any other.
Apple Recommends ForCarry everything in one place—and protect it—thanks to this combined wallet and case for iPhone 5.
What's in the Box?
- Twelve South BookBook Case for iPhone 5
- Mfr. Part Number : 12-1232
- UPC or EAN No. : 851522002672
- Note : Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty : One year
Ratings & Reviews
Good product: well thought out
First day of having this wallet/case, I had a few gripes:
-The wallet would not close all the way unless I put the phone face up and the weight closes it. It really bothered me.
-Very uncomfortable talking on the phone. Wasn't sure how anyone could hold the phone.
-No place for cash. It's too big and won't let it close on me.
Having the case for a month, I can say I like it!
-The wallet fully closes now whichever side I put it on.
-I learned that I needed to fold back the case with the credit cards and such sticking out. The case gave grip to the phone and now I feel uncomfortable without it.
-Still no place for cash, but I feel like it grew on me. I carry 3 credit cards, my license, and a couple receipts and it's more than enough.
Overall, I would recommend the case, but it does take getting a little use to. I'm the type of person that always forgets either his wallet or phone, and having two in one makes forgetting both much harder. It is a little thicker in my pocket, but I've gotten use to it, and I don't need to worry about having my keys in the same pocket as my phone anymore!
A++ would recommend! …
- Written by ANTOINE P from Irvine
112 of 127 people found this useful
Review for all the Canucks out there
Just received the Twelve South BookBook Case for iPhone 5, literally. I have had it for less then a day and here are my first tho ughts:
- The spine measures about 2cm wide, and the front/back measures 13cm x 7cm.
- As stated it has spots for 3 cards and your ID (or another card I suppose)
- Initial quality appears excellent, the comments about being able to smell the leather are true
- Yes, you can use both cameras with the case
- I have a black iPhone 5 with the brown case and it looks great, I have seen the black on black as well and it looks very sharp as well. Have not seen a white phone in this case.
- Yes you have access to all buttons / ports on the phone
- I like the idea of having my wallet and phone all-in-one
The "On the fence"
- I am still trying to get used to the size, it is bigger then the wallet I used to carry and is much bigger then just having a phone in your pocket. I wouldn't say you would carry this around in your front pocket of your jeans. (Wondering if overtime it will get worn in and be a little more compact).
- Holding cash, when you have say 10 bills, seems to be a bit of an issue, there is a place for cash behind the cards, but CDN money (different size then US) when folded in half still sticks out the edge and over part of the spine, and with 10 bills folded that way the case does not close well. If you are someone that rarely carries cash (or very little), then this is not an issue. I am still trying to figure out a good way to store more then 4 or 5 bills in it.
Like I said, this is just my initial thoughts, I will update in a month or so. …
- Written by Michael R from Regina
90 of 106 people found this useful
Twelve South does it again
I love this latest BookBook. The snap in case is an improvement over the old slide in type of the 4s version. I also like the came ra hole and the fact i can hold more cards is a plus. You can't go wrong if you get this. It eliminates the need for a phone case and a wallet. I have one on my MacBook air and my New iPad, awesome!!!!!! I get a lot of complements when people notice it. …
- Written by Jack H from ROSEVILLE
60 of 69 people found this useful
I've had my BOOKBOOK for 2 years now and it is still in great shape. In fact much like any real leather product it gets better wit h age. LOVE IT!!! …
- Written by Phil D from Calgary
3 of 3 people found this useful
Great case no complaints
I love this case! People are alway complimenting me when they see it. They think its a book or a Bible. I have NO problems with p eople hearing me or I hearing them when having a conversation. As far as the comment stating that it doesn't close, it does close after putting a few business or credit cards in the wallet side, which what it was made for. …
- Written by Linell A from Irvington
3 of 3 people found this useful
Does not work with iPhone 5
Same story - loved it on my iPhone 4, but it ruins the sound quality on the 5. Do NOT buy if you have the 5. All your friends will keep asking you to call them from a land line. …
- Written by Vikram J from Pune
8 of 13 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
- Asked by Diana C from Los Angeles
- Mar 9, 2013
No, the BookBook for iPhone 4/4S is only compatible with the iPhone 4/4S. The iPhone 5 is a differen t form factor from the 4/4S and will not fit inside the case.
You will need to purchase a BookBook for iPhone 5 if you want a BookBook for your iPhone 5. …
- Answered by Callum K
- Mar 11, 2013
- Asked by Jane D from Lovell
- Apr 1, 2013
The cover can be folded the whole way round the back of the iPhone, it can be used in the pouch with out any issues. …
- Answered by Callum K
- Apr 2, 2013
- Asked by Ralph G from Floresville
- Feb 18, 2013
- Asked by Tom M from Norwood
- Apr 2, 2013
- Asked by John S from Paisley
- Dec 2, 2012
It is only available in vintage brown. Awesome color.
- Answered by Lisa P from Waterdown
- Jan 5, 2013