Create your personal wireless lighting environment with the Philips Hue connected bulbs and wireless bridge. And control it all with your iPhone or iPad from wherever you are. You can connect up to 50 Hue light bulbs to a single system, while using as much as 80% less energy than traditional bulbs.
Each Hue light bulb delivers 600 lumens and produces all shades of white, from warm to cold, and a wide variety of color. Each bulb uses 80% less power than a traditional light bulb.
It's easy to extend your lighting system with additional single bulbs. All you need is the bridge that comes with the Starter Pack.
- Create and control your personal lighting scheme from your iPhone or iPad
- Wireless connectivity via easy-to-set-up bridge
- Light bulbs are compatible with most sockets
- Great quality of bright white light with tunable white and colors
- Create light settings based on your favorite photos
- Tune, dim, and control Hue from anywhere
- Choose from expert light recipes to help you relax or concentrate
- Set timers to help you wake up and pace your day
Did you notice?Each hue light bulb uses 80% less power than a traditional light bulb.
Apple Recommends ForTune, dim and control lighting from iPhone and iPad no matter where in the world you are.
What's in the Box?
- Single Pack: One Hue Light Bulb
- Starter Pack: Three Hue light bulbs, One Hue bridge, Power supply for Hue bridge, LAN cable to connect the Hue bridge to your router
- UPC or EAN No. : 046677426354
- Note : Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- The Hue Bridge (included in the Starter Pack) is required for operation
iPad (1st generation)
iPad 2 (2nd generation)
iPad (3rd generation)
iPad (4th generation)
iPod touch 3rd Generation
iPod touch 4th Generation
iPod touch 5th Generation 32GB/64GB
Ratings & Reviews
HUE is a WINNER!!!
Bought a starter kit plus 3 individual bulbs today. Took 10 minutes to set up. I had to convince the "geniuses" at the local Apple Store that HUE really existed. They went online, discovered it did, went in the back room, found and sold them. No one had asked about them before I walked in.
They assured me I could return them in 14 days, so I decided to try them. Hue and the free App is amazing! Download your own pic. Touch it to turn on the lights. Group anyway you want, dim independently, color control independently.
If you turn off the wall switch, the bulbs forget where they were. Turn the switch back on, and the bulbs turn on to default approx. 3000 degrees K. Then touch any mood you set up on the iPhone, and it instantly changes colors & intensity.
We have a 50's Diner designed kitchen with black / white tile, red wall tile, red neon accents, so touch the 50's Diner photo, and 4 bulbs come on, 2 red and 2 whatever temp white you choose. Halloween? Orange no problem. Christmas? Red and Green.
1-A must if you are really into home automation, home theatre, etc.
2-Extremely high quality feel bulb design
3-Bulbs run barely warm and draw 8.5 watts max
4-Super easy to use
5-No need to use your iPhone. Set the onboard timer function for on / off. Gives that lived in look, and no need to turn on / off every time.
6-Full dimming capability
7-Default to Warm White (looks like 3000 degree K) if power fails and comes back on
8-No high frequency sound, no flicker, no RFI interference
9-Instantly group able and groups can be changed instantly
10-Philips is a leader in LED technology. I have over 100 Philips LED bulbs in service for over a year, with no failures. yet, Lights of America and other off brands have failed 100% in a year! The electronics fail, not the LED's themselves in the off brands.
11-Touch a pic of the room to turn the lights on.
12-Set a different background pic for every page of moods.
13-Set a page up for every room. This groups the bulbs to a scene in that room by choosing the specific page on the iPhone.
2-Only medium Base available today. I need Candelabra base and need R30
3-600 Lumen output is a little low but is OK
These bulbs are NOT going back!!! Wife loves them, as do I. 'Nuff said!!! …
- Written by John H from Lexington
852 of 926 people found this useful
Ok got it working...
Controlling lights from iPad and iPhone is neat. Colors work well. There is a slight learning curve..
I recommend using all th e lights on setup, this may have been problem for me since I screwed in only one bulb..
Also I noted when you edit bulb name light flashes while in edit mode.
This would have been a definite 5 star but unfortunately tech support is nonexistent except for email. …
- Written by Gary T from MILLINGTON
367 of 434 people found this useful
Better than a double rainbow!
Picked up the starter pack today. Had it running in 5 minutes. It is SOOO much cooler than I expected. The app is great and easy t o use. Just wish I could afford lots more bulbs! …
- Written by John H from cary
356 of 434 people found this useful
Hue lights up the room
Replaced 3 halogen bulbs with the 3 Hue bulbs in the starter kit and I'm very impressed. Aside from the 30 minutes childish fun I had of using the pre-defined colour patterns, the ability to tune the colour was fantastic, especially in areas where a brighter more blue light is required, like when reading. I would replace alll of the bulbs in my house, but the cost of the bulbs is prohibitive. …
- Written by Rebecca N from Melbourne
Great Idea But, everyone that I know seems to have issues
Only made for indoor use, and with a single day program not a full month or even week long program. (Meaning you will have to set the time each day) if you desire different timing each day. You can not program it for a 30-day duration.
- Great Idea but not to much thought went into it.
Bring it back. it's not worth the headache... …
- Written by Milton T from Los Angeles
buggy. Philips need to improve
Setup timer to turn on two lights, but often only one will turn on. Also setup geo-location "My location" to turn on lights when a pproaching the house, but it doesn't work, and worse, while in the house, it thinks I have just arrived and randomly turns on the lights. I only needed two of the three bulbs in the startup pack, so not sure if only installing two of them is reason for my problems. I am using Hue V1.1.1. …
- Written by Mark H from Blackheath
1 of 1 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
- Asked by Jeff B from Appin
- Apr 26, 2013
Yes you can. The lights do not work with dimmer switches but if you turn them off and on with the no rmal switch they will reset to a bright white light like a normal bulb. …
- Answered by Olivia S
- Apr 28, 2013
- Asked by Nicole M from Miami Lakes
- May 14, 2013
It WILL work on 3G from the App. When you setup the app there is an option in the Settings menu to " Login to Portal". Once you've done that, after setting up an account on the Hue website, you can control the bulbs either from a website, *or* directly from your iPhone/iPad over 3G/LTE/etc.
The previous answer is incorrect. …
- Answered by Jonathan E from Mississauga
- May 18, 2013
- Asked by Eid H from East Hampton
- May 19, 2013
Yes you certainly can both colour , brightness and on / off can all be set for each individual bulb
- Answered by Daniel K from Orpington
- May 25, 2013
- Asked by Kevin P from Edgewater
- May 25, 2013
Around 8 to 9.5 watts each. But the shine with awesomeness. Due to the energy savings I use 3 bul bs in one studio apt. The lighting is vibrant. Clear, white for practical everyday use. These bulbs brightness rating 600 lumens, is just under a 60 Watt bulb. but never feel they don't illuminate enough as I use all three at the same time. I feel they are great energy savers my whole apt runs on under 30 watts, and is lit well. The hue can adjust for an incandescent feel, or fluorescent. …
- Answered by Kelvin P from Woodhaven
- May 26, 2013