Speck’s SmartShell Satin case keeps your MacBook protected with its super-thin and lightweight two-piece design. The silky-smooth matte coating gives this case a great grippy feel. Anti-tip feet keep your MacBook stable and secure.
- Durable, ultra-thin (1.5mm) hard shell protects from scratches and scuffs
- Sleek, matte two-piece design is easy to put on and take off
- Anti-tilt rubberized feet keep your MacBook stable and secure
Did you notice?The Apple logo shines through the soft-touch frosted finish.
Apple Recommends ForHard-shell protection that keeps your MacBook light on its feet.
What's in the Box?
- Speck SmartShell Satin Case for MacBook
- Form Factor: Hard Case, Snap On
- Material: Hard Plastic
- Mfr. Part Number: SPK-A2396
- UPC or EAN No.: 848709005243
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty: One year (For details, please visit http://www.speckproducts.com/warranty-returns)
- Speck recommends cleaning your case before you put it on your MacBook and then once a month thereafter to avoid any build-up of dust or dirt. Simply wipe it with a soft, clean cloth or rinse with warm, soapy water. Before re-applying the case, make sure it’s completely dry—and also wipe down your Mac to remove any dust or particles.
Ratings & Reviews
Rear bottom tabs break
I've bought 2 of these cases and both broke at the same area where the bottom cover attaches to the rear sides. The case lasted ab I've bought 2 of these cases and both broke at the same area where the bottom cover attaches to the rear sides. The case lasted about 5 weeks each time. Bummer. The look and feel of the case are as expected …
- Written by MICHAEL W from SUMMERVILLE
189 of 196 people found this useful
get this if you want your mac to be utterly damaged and scratched on areas where the case hooks on to your machine. The snapping o get this if you want your mac to be utterly damaged and scratched on areas where the case hooks on to your machine. The snapping on of the case scratched my MBP and left white marks which caused my resale value to drop by nearly 50%. If you're someone who protects your product, please do not buy any casing that snaps onto your machine. It kills it. …
- Written by Bowie L
153 of 170 people found this useful
Not as good as previous Speck cases
I have used numerous Speck cases over the years and this is the worst one yet. The last case kept going strong for 3+ years, but t I have used numerous Speck cases over the years and this is the worst one yet. The last case kept going strong for 3+ years, but there is serious quality problems with this one. Like the other reviewer, I too had the rear bottom tab (just next to the right hand USB port) snap. Speck needs to really take a step back and assess these quality problems, because other than the tab snapping right off, the case does not fit as snug as models they have made before. I will be returning this and getting a different case or waiting until someone makes a really good one. …
- Written by Spencer W from Vancouver
132 of 136 people found this useful
Worked perfectly for a few months but then it started falling apart. Hinges that hold the case onto the Macbook started breaking, Worked perfectly for a few months but then it started falling apart. Hinges that hold the case onto the Macbook started breaking, making the fit of the case loose. …
- Written by Axel G from Wilmington
1 of 1 people found this useful
Needs More Rigid Rear Corner Tabs
Overall, this case would be pretty nice, deserving 4 or 5 stars, but after only two months, the back two corner tabs broke off. N Overall, this case would be pretty nice, deserving 4 or 5 stars, but after only two months, the back two corner tabs broke off. Now those corners, obviously the most vulnerable areas, have zero protection, and laptop slides out a bit of the bottom cover which is annoying. Simply reinforcing these small corner tabs would work wonders. For $50, I expect far far better. …
- Written by Jeff B from San Diego
2 of 2 people found this useful
Pathetic excuse for a product
This is easily the biggest rip off I have ever encountered from such a reputable company. The plastic is brittle and cheap, the ca This is easily the biggest rip off I have ever encountered from such a reputable company. The plastic is brittle and cheap, the case scratches the top of the laptop badly and both halves don't even fit correctly. I'm not sure how this even got through product testing and whoever decided on the price has a sick sense of humour. …
- Written by Owen E from Perth
2 of 2 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Can you remove the case from the laptop?
- Asked by Leonard D from Chula Vista
- Mar 14, 2015
I would like to known if the case to 13" macbook pro fit in the macbook white unibody (the end 2009).
- Asked by Laritza L from Caucaia
- Mar 4, 2015
How durable is this case?
- Asked by Joshua A from Miramar
- Jul 6, 2013
After a few months of owning this case, and one test drop, I have come to the conclusion that this i After a few months of owning this case, and one test drop, I have come to the conclusion that this is NOT a durable case. I took it off for cleaning my mac, and guess what? The plastic buds that hold the case onto the mac snaps, and falls off. All corners! The middle of the case has a huge crack. The case makes the mac super heavy. And when I took it off, there was too much dust, literally stuck to the Mac. And also, this case makes the Mac overheat countlessly whenever I hold it on my lap. It is blisteringly hot to the touch. As soon as I took the case off, my battery performed normally, No more warnings about the battery overheating. Do NOT get this product! …
- Answered by Thomas D from Preston
- Jul 20, 2013
Does this also fit a mac book pro 13 inch retina display
- Asked by Vikram A from Dubai
- Dec 2, 2012
It wont. The retina display is much thinner than the normal MacBook Pro.
- Answered by Mireya R from Denver
- Feb 4, 2013
the case was made by hard plastic so, does this case hurm to macbook? could you tell me please, this case scratches macbook?
- Asked by Serkan Y
- Oct 31, 2013
Assuming the inside of the case and the shell of your macbook are free of dirt when you install the Assuming the inside of the case and the shell of your macbook are free of dirt when you install the case, it will not scratch your computer. Just use the microfibre cloth that came with your macbook to wipe of the outside of your computer and the inside of the case prior to installation. …
- Answered by Logan W from Travelers Rest
- Sep 26, 2014