OverviewSpeck’s SmartShell Satin case keeps your MacBook protected with its super-thin and lightweight two-piece design. The silky-smooth matte coating gives this case a great grippy feel. Anti-tip feet keep your MacBook stable and secure.
- Durable, ultra-thin (1.5mm) hard shell protects from scratches and scuffs
- Sleek, matte two-piece design is easy to put on and take off
- Anti-tilt rubberized feet keep your MacBook stable and secure
Did you notice?The Apple logo shines through the soft-touch frosted finish.
Apple Recommends ForHard-shell protection that keeps your MacBook light on its feet.
What's in the Box?
- Speck SmartShell Satin Case for MacBook
- Mfr. Part Number : SPK-A1639
- UPC or EAN No. : 875912028455
- Note : Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty : One year (For details, please visit http://www.speckproducts.com/warranty-returns)
Ratings & Reviews
get this if you want your mac to be utterly damaged and scratched on areas where the case hooks on to your machine. The snapping o n of the case scratched my MBP and left white marks which caused my resale value to drop by nearly 50%. If you're someone who protects your product, please do not buy any casing that snaps onto your machine. It kills it. …
- Written by Bowie L
24 of 31 people found this useful
Rear bottom tabs break
I've bought 2 of these cases and both broke at the same area where the bottom cover attaches to the rear sides. The case lasted ab out 5 weeks each time. Bummer. The look and feel of the case are as expected …
- Written by MICHAEL W from SUMMERVILLE
18 of 20 people found this useful
Not as good as previous Speck cases
I have used numerous Speck cases over the years and this is the worst one yet. The last case kept going strong for 3+ years, but t here is serious quality problems with this one. Like the other reviewer, I too had the rear bottom tab (just next to the right hand USB port) snap. Speck needs to really take a step back and assess these quality problems, because other than the tab snapping right off, the case does not fit as snug as models they have made before. I will be returning this and getting a different case or waiting until someone makes a really good one. …
- Written by Spencer W from Vancouver
11 of 13 people found this useful
The speck 15 inch is very flimsy and is not "snug" and it has forced me to stop and turn off my mac book because it starts to get so warm that it feels like its going to melt. I also have a 13 inch and that one is precise, more custom and breathes just fine, but for the 15 inch, it unfortunately has a flaw in its design. …
- Written by Azat E from Charlestown
Worst product that I have bought. Should not be stocked in Apple store.
I bought this in an Apple retail store and it broke one week after purchase, all of the clip features snapped off leaving it usele ss.
Even before tis product broke it was ill fitting, loose in some arias and gaps in others.
In my opinion this product should never be sold in an Apple store as it is extremely low quality and definitely dose not do justice to the Retina Mac Book Pro.
DONT WASTE YOUR MONEY. …
- Written by Deri R from London
Alright, but not great
I bought my case from September, when the apple store didn't have them yet. Its served me well up til now, where as you'd have see n in the posts below, the bottom tabs near the hinge broke. I don't think it was worth it, but maybe that was because Speck made ME pay for shipping as well.
I'll check if the warranty covers this as it is less than a year old though.
Hard cases are very important when it comes to protecting your mac... especially when you drop them from a height. So I'd say get a soft case for now, maybe add some padding with it, and wait for them to redesign this. …
- Written by Avery W from Vancouver
1 of 1 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
- Asked by Reece K
- May 14, 2013
- Asked by Jennie S from Calgary
- Dec 11, 2012
No, the new generation off macbooks are thinner than yours, and im not too sure that they sell them anymore …
- Answered by Thomas D from Preston
- Dec 16, 2012
- Asked by Keefe M
- Feb 7, 2013
The case comes in two separate parts that clip onto the side of the MacBook
- Answered by Thomas P
- Mar 7, 2013
- Asked by Vikram A from Dubai
- Dec 2, 2012
It wont. The retina display is much thinner than the normal MacBook Pro.
- Answered by Mireya R from Denver
- Feb 4, 2013
- Asked by Rhoda C from Virginia Beach
- Jan 10, 2013
It's more purple than pink.
- Answered by Kimi K
- Jan 15, 2013