OverviewThe compact Epson Expression Home XP-400 printer makes it a snap to scan and archive important documents, quickly produce color copies, and use the built-in image enhancement tools to get perfect prints, every time. It also provides hassle-free wireless printing directly from your iPad, iPhone, or iPod thanks to AirPrint. Or you can use Epson Connect wireless technology. The Expression Home XP-400 even offers card slots for printing without a computer.
- Epson Connect with AirPrint for instant wireless printing of photos and attachments from iOS devices
- Small-in-One saves space while delivering great performance
- Wireless printing and scanning so everyone in your house can share it
- Print photos without a computer using built-in card slots and large 2.5-inch color LCD
- Easy setup and control with intuitive touch panel
- Effortless connection to your wireless network
- Individual ink cartridges, available in a convenient variety of sizes
- Better images automatically with red-eye removal, photo restoration, and more
Did you notice?AirPrint-enabled so you can print wirelessly from your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch—no need to install drivers.
Apple Recommends ForPrint and scan from any Mac in your house using your Wi-Fi network.
What's in the Box?
- Epson Expression Home XP-400 Small-in-One printer
- Instruction booklets
- CD-ROM with drivers and bonus software
- Power cord
- Four DURABrite Ultra ink cartridges (Black, Cyan, Magenta, Yellow)
- Color resolution : 5760 x 1440 optimized dpi
- Connections : AirPrint ,USB 2,Wireless
- Height : 5.7 in./14.5 cm
- Width : 15.4 in./39.1 cm
- Weight : 9 lb./4.1 kg
- Length : 11.8 in./30 cm
- Mac OS X v10.5.8, v10.6.x, v10.7.x
- Microsoft Windows 7/Vista/XP/XP x64
- Mfr. Part Number : C11CC07201
- UPC or EAN No. : 010343889361
- Note : Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty : One-year limited
Ratings & Reviews
Looked like a good buy
This printer looked like a good buy. I simply wanted to stop paying for printer cartridges from my last printer (HP). I also neede d wireless printing especially with my wife's ipad (AirPrint). So far so good. I love it, it's absolutely quiet too!! Easy install. …
- Written by Edgar M from Albuquerque
1064 of 1117 people found this useful
Quick & Easy Setup!
I brought this printer home from an office supply store. Plugged it in. Installed the included ink cartridges. Selected the east w i-fi setup option. Entered wi-fi password. Printed from my iPad! It was THAT simple! I love it!! And it does what my old printer did in less space. Definitely worth the price, which is great anyway! …
- Written by Karisse D from West Carrollton
887 of 940 people found this useful
A Great Little Printer...
I'm so happy with this printer!! The set-up for it went so quickly and easy. A USB cord was not needed at all. It is great to fi nally be able to print something right from my iPhone or my iMac. The ink cartridges are smaller, but I don't find that a big issue. …
- Written by Sue S from Andover
708 of 778 people found this useful
Epson wireless printer
Just purchased, very easy set up, nice quality printing.
- Written by Gwen H from Burbank
nice printer.... not Great
I got this printer cause i really wanted a wifi all in one printer...this one is nice size I just don't care for the scanner and I really needed that the most i had a cannon all in one that was so awesome but it wasnt wifi and I couldnt find a wifi that would work with mountain lion at the time i got this one... I called apple care they said this is the one so I got it.... its easy to connect to my macs. i have three. the printer is ok for the price... …
- Written by Harvey E from Simi Valley
this was the most easy set ups with a printer i ever had thank you
easy set up . a pc of cake///
- Written by Joe W from Largo
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
If I am sharing wifi in a dorm but not sharing the printer, if the printer is turned on will everyone using the wifi be able to print from my printer?
- Asked by Michiyo W from Los Angeles
- Jun 12, 2013
If everyone is on the wifi the printer is on and has an option to airprint, then yes. They will be a ble to print on your printer. …
- Answered by Lucio P from Fort Worth
- Jun 17, 2013
If I only have an ipad, and no PC, can I set up this printer on my home wifi, without installing anything on a PC, and print from my ipad?
- Asked by Kimberly W from Nevada City
- Mar 1, 2013
yes you can as its airprint enabled
you can also download various printing apps from either epson o r eurosmartz if you want …
- Answered by Claire S from Ventnor
- Mar 20, 2013
- Asked by Keneshea H from Delhi
- May 11, 2013
- Answered by Mathew W from West Bend
- May 22, 2013
- Asked by Nhu L from El Monte
- May 17, 2013
If you scroll down and read the tech specs, it states the system requirements.
System Requirement s--
Mac OS X v10.5.8, v10.6.x, v10.7.x
Microsoft Windows 7/Vista/XP/XP x64 …
- Answered by Ashley M from Austin
- May 28, 2013
- Asked by Kevin C from Lindenhurst
- Apr 15, 2013
Absolutely. And if newer drivers are needed, OS 10.8.3 will obtain them automatically over the inter net. …
- Answered by David B from Sacramento
- Apr 16, 2013
- Asked by Paula G from Homer
- Mar 2, 2013
I have a data plan (Verizon Cellular) on my iPad with no wifi but I needed a router (I used the Airp ort Apple router) to set up communication between my iPad and the printer. I have done this. However, once I have downloaded what I want printed from my data plan I have to shut down the data plan and just let the printer and iPad "talk" to each other through the router in order to print. You will first need to set up your router-iPad communication and then the printer . I called Apple customer service first, then I called Epson customer service. These two sources helped me set it up. I bought both items (air printer and Airport Router) from Apple so I could easily return either if I couldn't figure it out. Call Apple before buying anything and they will explain it. I had to call more than once to get the most knowledgeable person.
Hope this helps. …
- Answered by Theresa J G from New York
- Mar 2, 2013